Background and activities
Giuseppe Claudio Guarnera received his Ph.D. degree in computer science from the University of Catania (Italy), with a doctoral dissertation in computer vision and pattern recognition. As a Ph.D. student he spent a significant amount of time at USC Institute for Creative Technologies (US), where he began his research in computer graphics. He joined Loughborough University as a postdoctoral researcher and is now currently a Research Associate at NTNU (Norway). His interests include colorimetry, virtual material acquisition, representation and human perception of materials.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Virtual Material Acquisition and Representation for Computer Graphics. Morgan & Claypool Publishers. 2018. ISBN 9781681731469.
- (2018) Turning a Digital Camera into an Absolute 2D Tele‐Colorimeter. Computer graphics forum (Print).
- (2017) Material Capture and Representation with Applications in Virtual Reality. SIGGRAPH '17 Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques Conference; Los Angeles, CA, USA — July 30 - August 03, 2017.
- (2017) Material Capture and Representation with Applications in Virtual Reality. SIGGRAPH '17 . ACM; Los Angeles, California. 2017-07-30 - 2017-08-03.
- (2017) Woven Fabric Model Creation from a Single Image. ACM Transactions on Graphics. vol. 36 (5).
- (2016) Capturing and representing brdfs for virtual reality. SIGGRAPH ASIA 2016 . ACM; Macau. 2016-12-05 - 2016-12-08.