Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Dense carbon-nanotube coating scaffolds stimulate osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. PLOS ONE. vol. 15.
- (2016) Nanoindentation and finite element modelling of chitosan-alginate multilayer coated hydrogels. Soft Matter. vol. 12 (35).
- (2015) The breast cancer-associated glycoforms of MUC1, MUC1-Tn and sialyl-Tn, are expressed in COSMC wild-type cells and bind the C-type lectin MGL. PLOS ONE. vol. 10 (5).
- (2015) Direct Determination of Chitosan–Mucin Interactions Using a Single-Molecule Strategy: Comparison to Alginate–Mucin Interactions. Polymers. vol. 7 (2).
- (2015) Delaying cluster growth of ionotropic induced alginate gelation by oligoguluronate. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 133.
- (2013) PEGylated chitosan complexes DNA while improving polyplex colloidal stability and gene transfection efficiency. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 94 (1).
- (2012) Isothermal Titration Calorimetry Study of the Polyelectrolyte Complexation of Xanthan and Chitosan Samples of Different Degree of Polymerization. Biopolymers. vol. 97 (1).
- (2012) Oligoguluronate induced competitive displacement of mucin-alginate interactions: relevance for mucolytic function. Soft Matter. vol. 8 (32).
- (2009) Dehydration stability of amyloid fibrils studied by AFM. European Biophysics Journal. vol. 38 (8).
- (2009) Characterizing DNA condensation by structurally different chitosans of variable gene transfer efficacy. Biomacromolecules. vol. 10 (6).
- (2008) Quantitative analysis of atomic force microscopy topographs of biopolymer multilayers: Surface structure and polymer assembly modes. Thin Solid Films. vol. 516.
- (2008) Polyelectrolyte layer interpenetration and swelling of alginate-chitosan multilayers studied by dual wavelength reflection interference contrast microscopy. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 71.
- (2008) Potentials of bionanotechnology in the study and manufacturing of self-assembled biopolymer complexes and gels. Food Hydrocolloids. vol. 22.
- (2008) Polyelectrolyte complex formation using alginate and chitosan. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 74 (4).
- (2007) The influence of charge density of chitosan in the compaction of the polyanions DNA and xanthan. Biomacromolecules. vol. 8.
- (2005) Polycation induced DNA condensation and polyplex stability in the presence of competing polyanions. Biopolymers. vol. 77.
- (2005) DNA-polycation complexation and polyplex stability in the presence of competing polyanions. Biopolymers. vol. 77.
- (2005) Electrostatically self-assembled multilayers of chitosan and xanthan studied by atomic force microscopy and micro-interferometry. Macromolecular Symposia. vol. 227.
- (2005) Toroids of stiff polyelectrolytes. Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science. vol. 10.
- (2004) Metastable and stable states of xanthan polyelectrolyte complexes studied by atomic force microscopy. Biopolymers. vol. 74.