Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Identification of a Pivotal Residue for Determining the Block Structure-Forming Properties of Alginate C-5 Epimerases. ACS Omega. vol. 5 (8).
- (2019) Biosynthesis and Function of Long Guluronic Acid-Blocks in Alginate Produced by Azotobacter vinelandii. Biomacromolecules. vol. 20 (4).
- (2018) Structural characterization of fucoidan from Laminaria hyperborea: Assessment of coagulation and inflammatory properties and their structure−function relationship. ACS Applied Bio Materials (AABM). vol. 1 (6).
- (2018) Ancient acquisition of "alginate utilization loci" by human gut microbiota. Scientific Reports. vol. 8 (8075).
- (2018) Overall size of mannuronan C5-Epimerases influences their ability to epimerize modified alginates and alginate gels. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 180.
- (2017) Biomimetic sulphated alginate hydrogels suppress IL-1B-induced inflammatory responses in human chondrocytes. European Cells and Materials. vol. 33.
- (2017) Sulfated alginates as heparin analogues: A review of chemical and functional properties. Molecules. vol. 22:778.
- (2017) Polymer sequencing by molecular machines: a framework for predicting the resolving power of a sliding contact force spectroscopy sequencing method. Nanoscale. vol. 9 (39).
- (2017) OligoG CF-5/20 normalizes cystic fibrosis mucus by chelating calcium. Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology. vol. 44 (6).
- (2017) Current and Future Perspectives on Alginate Encapsulated Pancreatic Islet. Stem Cells Translational Medicine. vol. 6 (4).
- (2016) Sulfated alginate microspheres associate with factor H and dampen the inflammatory cytokine response. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 42.
- (2016) Single molecule investigation of the onset and minimum size of the calcium-mediated junction zone in alginate. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 148.
- (2016) Sliding Contact Dynamic Force Spectroscopy Method for Interrogating Slow Forming Polymer Cross-Links. Langmuir. vol. 32 (48).
- (2016) Functional Exploration of the Polysaccharide Lyase Family PL6. PLOS ONE.
- (2016) Sulfated Hydrogel Matrices Direct Mitogenicity and Maintenance of Chondrocyte Phenotype through Activation of FGF Signaling. Advanced Functional Materials. vol. 26.
- (2016) Alginate microsphere compositions dictate different mechanisms of complement activation with consequences for cytokine release and leukocyte activation. Journal of Controlled Release. vol. 229.
- (2015) The impact of chain length and flexibility in the interaction between sulfated alginates and HGF and FGF-2. Biomacromolecules. vol. 16 (11).
- (2015) Energy landscape of alginate-epimerase interactions assessed by optical tweezers and atomic force microscopy. PLOS ONE. vol. 10:e014237 (10).
- (2015) RGD-peptide modified alginate by a chemoenzymatic strategy for tissue engineering applications. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part A. vol. 103 (3).
- (2014) Heparin-Like Properties of Sulfated Alginates with Defined Sequences and Sulfation Degrees. Biomacromolecules. vol. 15 (7).