Guennadi A. Kouzaev
Background and activities
Guennadi A. Kouzaev is a Professor at the Department of Electronic Systems, where he is a member of the Circuit and Radio Systems Group. Professor Kouzaev has a PhD degree in Physics and Mathematics from the Kotelnikov’s Institute of Radio Engineering and Electronics, USSR Academy of Science, Moscow. He also has a Doctor of Sciences degree in Electrical Engineering from the Moscow State Institute of Electronics and Mathematics (Technical University).
- Computational Electromagnetics, Microwave and Terahertz Techniques, Applied Topology for Computing and Electromagnetic Computation
- High-speed Electronics
- Microwave Miniature Hardware for Thermal and Chemical Applications
- Quantum Physics and Electronics
- Cold Matter and Molecular Modelling, Genomics
- Processors for Artificial Intelligence Applications
Electromagnetic Wave Propagation
Recent work experience
- 2005- present: Professor, Department of Electronics and Telecommunications, NTNU
- 2012/2013: Visiting Sabbatical Professor at the European Laboratory for Nonlinear Sciences-LENS, Florence, Italy
- 2001-2005: McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- 2000-2001: Gennum Corp. Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- 1993-2000: Professor/Assoc. Professor, Moscow State Institute of Electronics and Mathematics- Technical University
Publication and Societal Activity
- Author or coauthor of more than 200 papers, conference abstracts, teaching materials, patents, and a Springer book on Applications of Advanced Electromagnetics (2012)
- Editorial Board Member for journals Atoms (Switzerland) and Wave Physics and Radiotechnical Systems (Russia), Int. Journal of Applied Physics, Int. Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EEACS) - Assoc. Editor
- Reviewer or panel reader for several journals and books, including those which are from the IEEE, Elsevier, SPIE, CRC, and Nature Publ.
- Member of many international conference committees (IEEE, NAUN, SPIE)
- Member of the IEEE and Tekna (Norway)
- Invited International Expert at the Russian Science Foundation, German Aerospace Centre (DLR-PT), and ERCIM
- IET NTNU`s Ambassador Diploma, 2008
- Russian Government Prize, 1997
- Soviet Union Prize for Young Scientists, 1990
- TFE4595 - Electronic Systems Design, Specialization Course
- TFE4590 - Electronic Systems Design, Specialization Project
- FE8122 - PhD Seminar in Circuit and Radio Systems Design
- TTT4205 - Microwave Techniques
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Geometrical Study of Virus RNA Sequences. BioRxiv.
- (2021) Quantitative Analysis of Genomic Sequences of Virus RNAs Using a Metric-Based Algorithm. BioRxiv.
- (2021) The Geometry of ATG-Walks of the Omicron SARS CoV-2 Virus RNAs. bioRxiv.
- (2020) Development and Design Principles of the Optimal Computer- and Robotic-aided Healthcare Systems for the Diagnosis, Treatment, and Rehabilitation.
- (2020) Graphene H-Waveguide for Terahertz Lasing Applications: Electromagnetic Quasi-Linear Theory. Nanomaterials. vol. 10 (12).
- (2020) Terahertz rectangular waveguides with inserted graphene films biased by light and their quasi-linear electromagnetic modeling. Journal of Computational Electronics. vol. 20.
- (2020) Microwave Miniature Coaxial Reactors for On-Demand Material Synthesis.
- (2020) Electrodynamic and Probabilistic Calculation of Performances of THz devices Based on Periodic Multilayer Graphene-Dielectric Structures. 2020 Moscow Workshop on Electronic and Networking Technologies (MWENT).
- (2020) Electrodynamic and Probabilistic Calculation of Performances of THz devices Based on Periodic Multilayer Graphene-Dielectric Structures. IEEE Network.
- (2019) Study of microwave heating of reference liquids in a coaxial waveguide reactor using the experimental, semi-analytical and numerical means. International journal of thermal sciences. vol. 140.
- (2019) MultiLogics Gates. International Seminar on Electronic Devices Design and Production . IEEE Tomsk Chapter&Student Branch, Russia; Prague. 2019-04-23 - 2019-04-24.
- (2019) Frequency Dependence of Microwave-assisted Electron-transfer Chemical Reactions. Molecular Physics.
- (2019) Physics-based Analytical Engineering Models of Graphene Micro- and Nanostrip Lines. IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging, and Manufacturing Technology. vol. 9 (12).
- (2018) Effects of Microwave Electric Fields on the Translational Diffusion of Dipolar Molecules in Surface Potential: A Simulation Study. Surface Science. vol. 667.
- (2018) Nonlinear dynamics of dipoles in microwave electric field of a nanocoaxial tubular reactor. Molecular Physics. vol. 117 (4).
- (2018) The separate supply of microwave and mechanical energies to liquid reagents in coaxial rotating chemical reactors.Patent Application GB1704095.7. Searchable Patents Journal. vol. 6748.
- (2017) Models of water, methanol, and ethanol and their applications in the design of miniature microwave heating reactors. International journal of thermal sciences. vol. 122.
- (2017) Preface of the "Symposium on Numerical Methods and Models in Applied Quantum Mechanics and Nanoelectronics". AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1863:390001.
- (2017) Propagation control of edge Hall-effect modes in 2D electron waveguides with random confining potential. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1863.
- (2017) Numerical analysis of tunable parametric terahertz devices based on graphene nanostructures using the projection method and autonomous blocks. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1863 (390003).
- (2016) A simulation study of microwave field effects on 3D orthorhombic lattice of rotating dipoles: short-range potential energy variation. European Physical Journal B : Condensed Matter Physics. vol. 89.
- (2016) Simulation of quantum and EM-quantum components using the available circuit simulators. Int. Conf. Emerging Technologies, ETCMOS’2016 ; Montreal. 2016-05-25 - 2016-05-27.
- (2016) Eigenmodal Analysis of Anderson Localization: Applications to Photonic Lattices and Bose-Einstein Condensates. Physica. B, Condensed matter. vol. 499.
- (2015) Electronic control of edge-mode spectrum of integer-hall-effect 2d electron waveguides. arXiv:1506.03294.
- (2015) Eigenmodal Analysis of Anderson Localization: Applications to Photonic Lattices and Bose-Einstein Condensates. arXiv:1509.01139.
- (2014) Controlled localized eigenmodes in pseudo-random multilayer electron waveguides. International Journal of Modern Physics B. vol. 28 (1).
- (2014) Simulation and study of chaotic dynamics in a stadium-shaped optically-large resonator. Proc. 8th Int. Conf. Circuits, Systems, Signals and Telecommunications . WSEAS; Tenerife. 2014-01-10 - 2014-01-12.
- (2013) Stochastic dynamics of electric dipole in external electric fields: A perturbed nonlinear pendulum approach. Physica D : Non-linear phenomena. vol. 252.
- (2013) Characterization of Microwave Radiometers and Study of Human Body Radiation by Means of State Space Reconstruction Algorithms. International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition. vol. 6 (1).
- (2012) Applications of Advanced Electromagnetics. Components and Systems. Springer. 2012. ISBN 9783642303098. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering (169).
- (2012) Transmission Lines and Passive Components. Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics. vol. 174.
- (2010) Debye relaxation mechanisms of microwave heating of near-critical polar gases. International journal of thermal sciences. vol. 49 (12).
- (2010) HERTZ VECTORS AND THE ELECTROMAGNETIC-QUANTUM EQUATIONS. Modern physics letters B. vol. 24 (20).
- (2010) CALCULATION OF LINEAR AND NONLINEAR SCHRODINGER EQUATIONS BY THE EQUIVALENT NETWORK APPROACH AND ENVELOPE TECHNIQUE. Modern physics letters B. vol. 24 (1).
- (2010) PREDICATE GATES, COMPONENTS AND A PROCESSOR FOR SPATIAL LOGIC. Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers. vol. 19 (7).
- (2009) Basics of topological electromagnetics and its applications. International Conference on Aplication of Electrical Engineering . University of Houston-Downtown; Houston. 2009-04-30 - 2009-05-02.
- (2009) Co-Design of Quantum and Electronic Integrations by Available Circuit Simulators. International Conference on Recent Advances in Circuits . WSEAS; Rodos. 2009-07-22 - 2009-07-24.
- (2009) Communications by vector manifolds. Proceedings of the European Computing Conference.
- (2008) Quasi-synaptic effect to control the cold matter transfer. NeuroQuantology. vol. 6.
- (2008) 3D multicell designs for registering of Bose-Einstein condensate clouds. Modern physics letters B. vol. 22 (25).
- (2007) Communications by Vector Manifolds (in print by Springer Verlag). European Computing Conference . WSEAS; Athens. 2007-09-25 - 2007-09-26.
- (2007) Inter-wire transfer of cold dressed atoms. Modern physics letters B. vol. 21 (25).
- (2007) RF controllable Ioffe-Pritchard trap for cold dressed atoms. Modern physics letters B. vol. 21.
- (2006) Topological computing. WSEAS Transactions on Computers. vol. 5 (10).
- (2006) Cavity models of planar components grounded by via-holes and their experimental verification. IEEE transactions on microwave theory and techniques. vol. 54 (3).