Håkon Hagen Helgesen
Background and activities
I am currently working as a researcher on autonomous ships. My current research interesests includes autonomous docking, detection, tracking, navigation and SLAM in different applications.
Previously, I worked as a PhD candidate on detection and tracking of floating objects using unmanned aerial vehicles with optical sensors.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Autonomous ballistic airdrop of objects from a small fixed-wing unmanned aerial vehicle. Autonomous Robots.
- (2019) Real-time Georeferencing of Thermal Images using Small Fixed-Wing UAVs in Maritime Environments. ISPRS journal of photogrammetry and remote sensing (Print). vol. 154.
- (2017) Tracking of Ocean Surface Objects from Unmanned Aerial Vehicles with a Pan/Tilt Unit using a Thermal Camera. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems.
- (2017) Detection and tracking of floating objects using a UAV with thermal camera. Lecture notes in control and information sciences. vol. 474.
- (2016) Vision-aided nonlinear observer for fixed-wing unmanned aerial vehicle navigation. Journal of Guidance Control and Dynamics. vol. 39 (8).
Part of book/report
- (2019) Colored-Noise Tracking of Floating Objects using UAVs with Thermal Cameras. 2019 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2019) Sensor Combinations in Heterogeneous Multi-sensor Fusion for Maritime Target Tracking. 22nd International Conference on Information Fusion.
- (2017) Detection and Tracking of Floating Objects using an UAV with Thermal Camera. Sensing and Control for Autonomous Vehicles: Applications to Land, Water and Air Vehicles.
- (2016) Tracking of Marine Surface Objects from Unmanned Aerial Vehicles with a Pan/Tilt Unit using a Thermal Camera and Optical Flow. 2016 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2016) A vision-aided nonlinear observer for fixed-wing UAV navigation. AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference 2016..
- (2015) Experimental Validation of a Uniformly Semi-globally Exponentially Stable Non-linear Observer for GNSS- and Camera-aided Inertial Navigation for Fixed-wing UAVs. 2015 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2019) Detection and Tracking of Floating Objects using UAVs with Optical Sensors. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2019.