Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Integrated fixed-film activated sludge membrane bioreactors versus membrane bioreactors for nutrient removal: A comprehensive comparison. Journal of Environmental Management. vol. 226.
- (2018) Influence of carbon to nitrogen ratio on nitrous oxide emission in an Integrated Fixed Film Activated Sludge Membrane BioReactor plant. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 176.
- (2017) Moving bed membrane bioreactors for carbon and nutrient removal: the effect of C/N variation. Biochemical engineering journal. vol. 125.
- (2017) Nitrous oxide from moving bed based integrated fixed film activated sludge membrane bioreactors. Journal of Environmental Management. vol. 187.
- (2016) Nitrous oxide emissions in a membrane bioreactor treating saline wastewater contaminated by hydrocarbons. Bioresource Technology. vol. 219.
- (2016) Greenhouse gases from sequential batch membrane bioreactors: A pilot plant case study. Biochemical engineering journal. vol. 112.
- (2016) A road-map for energy-neutral wastewater treatment plants of the future based on compact technologies (including MBBR). Frontiers of Environmental Science and Engineering. vol. 10 (4).
- (2013) Performance of a hybrid activated sludge/biofilm process for wastewater treatment in a cold climate region: Influence of operating conditions. Biochemical engineering journal. vol. 77.
- (2012) Microbial risk management of drinking water supplies. Water 21.
- (2012) Compact tertiary treatment based on the combination of MBBR and contained hollow fibre UF-membranes. Desalination and Water Treatment. vol. 42 (1-3).
- (2011) Hybrid activated sludge/biofilm process for the treatment of municipal wastewater in a cold climate region: a case study. Water Science and Technology. vol. 63 (6).
- (2011) Modelling and dynamic simulation of hybrid moving bed biofilm reactors: Model concepts and application to a pilot plant. Biochemical engineering journal. vol. 56 (1-2).
- (2010) NOM removal technologies – Norwegian experiences. Drinking Water Engineering and Science (DWES).
- (2008) Fouling control by reduction of submicron particles in a BF-MBR with an integrated flocculation zone in the membrane reactor. Separation science and technology (Print). vol. 43 (7).
- (2008) Risiko og sårbarhet i vannforsyningen. Vann. vol. 43 (2).
- (2007) The development of a biofilm membrane bioreactor. Desalination. vol. 202.
- (2007) Design and operation of nutrient removal plants for very low effluent concentrations. Water Practice. vol. 1 (5).
- (2007) Membrane filtration for particles removal after ozonation-biofiltration. Water Science and Technology. vol. 56 (10).
- (2006) Influence of loading rates on production and characteristics of retentate from a biofilm membrane bioreactor (BF-MBR). Desalination. vol. 199.
- (2006) Investigating the effect of colloids on the performance of a bioﬁlm membrane reactor (BF-MBR) for treatment of municipal wastewater. Water S.A.. vol. 32 (5).