Hallvard Fjøsne Svendsen
Background and activities
Professor Emeritus in Chemical Engineering, NTNU. Main research interests are multiphase chemical reactors, CO2 capture and droplet/mist handling.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Solubility data for Nitrous Oxide (N2O) and Carbon dioxide (CO2) in Piperazine (PZ) and a new eNRTL model. Fluid Phase Equilibria. vol. 538.
- (2021) New solubility and heat of absorption data for CO<inf>2</inf> in blends of 2-amino-2-methyl-1-propanol (AMP) and Piperazine (PZ) and a new eNRTL model representation. Fluid Phase Equilibria. vol. 550.
- (2021) Aerosol growth in CO2 absorption with MEA, modelling and comparison with experimental results. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 109.
- (2020) Surrogate modelling of VLE: Integrating machine learning with thermodynamic constraints. Chemical Engineering Science: X. vol. 8.
- (2020) Modeling temperature dependent and absolute carbamate stability constants of amines for CO2 capture. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 98.
- (2020) Solubility of CO2 in 0.1M, 1M and 3M of 2-amino-2-methyl-1-propanol (AMP) from 313 to 393K and model representation using the eNRTL framework. Fluid Phase Equilibria. vol. 511.
- (2020) Vapour-liquid equilibria in pure N-Methyl-1,3-diaminopropane (MAPA), 1,3-diaminopropane (DAP), 2-(Isopropylamino)ethanol (IPAE), N-tert-Butyldiethanolamine (N-TBDEA) and their aqueous solutions. Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics. vol. 141.
- (2019) Understanding Carbamate Formation Reaction Thermochemistry of Amino Acids as Solvents for Postcombustion CO2 Capture. Journal of Physical Chemistry B. vol. 123 (40).
- (2018) Membrane contactor for subsea natural gas dehydration: Model development and sensitivity study. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 556.
- (2018) A study of film thickness and hydrodynamic entrance length in liquid laminar film flow along a vertical tube. AIChE Journal. vol. 64 (6).
- (2018) Absorption of Carbon Dioxide in Aqueous Solutions of N-methyldiethanolamine Mixtures. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 358.
- (2018) Amine-based carbon dioxide absorption: Evaluation of kinetic and mass transfer parameters. Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Sciences (JMES). vol. 12.
- (2018) Predicting aerosol size distribution development in absorption columns. Chemical Engineering Science (CES). vol. 192.
- (2018) Characterization of aerosol emissions from CO2 capture plants treating various power plant and industrial flue gases. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 74.
- (2018) Effect of water wash on mist and aerosol formation in absorption column. Chemical Engineering Journal. vol. 333.
- (2017) Highlights and Main Findings from the 8 Year SOLVit R&D Programme – Bringing Solvents and Technology from Laboratory to Industry. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Characterization and modelling of aerosol droplet in absorption columns. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 58.
- (2017) Effect of Amine Volatility on Aerosol Droplet Development in Absorption Columns. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Gas phase amine depletaion created by aerosol formation and growth. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 64.
- (2017) CO2 Capture by Aqueous 3-(Methylamino)propylamine in Blend with Tertiary Amines: An NMR Analysis. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.