Hans Einar Krokan
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Genomic Uracil and Aberrant Profile of Demethylation Intermediates in Epigenetics and Hematologic Malignancies. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 22 (8).
- (2020) Mre11 exonuclease activity removes the chain-terminating nucleoside analog gemcitabine from the nascent strand during DNA replication. Science Advances. vol. 6 (22).
- (2020) Targeting OGG1 arrests cancer cell proliferation by inducing replication stress. Nucleic Acids Research (NAR). vol. 48 (21).
- (2019) Uracil-DNA glycosylase UNG1 isoform variant supports class switch recombination and repairs nuclear genomic uracil. Nucleic Acids Research (NAR). vol. 47 (9).
- (2018) Small-molecule inhibitor of OGG1 suppresses proinflammatory gene expression and inflammation. Science. vol. 362 (6416).
- (2017) Uracil Accumulation and Mutagenesis Dominated by Cytosine Deamination in CpG Dinucleotides in Mice Lacking UNG and SMUG1. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2016) Photodynamic treatment with hexyl-aminolevulinate mediates reversible thiol oxidation in core oxidative stress signaling proteins. Molecular Biosystems.
- (2016) DNA base modifications in honey bee and fruit fly genomes suggest an active demethylation machinery with species- and tissue-specific turnover rates. Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports. vol. 6.
- (2016) Excerpts from the 1st international NTNU symposium on current and future clinical biomarkers of cancer: innovation and implementation, June 16th and 17th 2016, Trondheim, Norway. Journal of Translational Medicine. vol. 14:295.
- (2016) Uracil-DNA glycosylase UNG promotes tet-mediated DNA demethylation. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 291 (2).
- (2015) Identification of lung cancer histology-specific variants applying Bayesian framework variant prioritization approaches within the TRICL and ILCCO consortia. Carcinogenesis. vol. 36 (11).
- (2015) Cell cycle regulation of human DNA repair and chromatin remodeling genes. DNA Repair. vol. 30.
- (2015) AID expression in B-cell lymphomas causes accumulation of genomic uracil and a distinct AID mutational signature. DNA Repair. vol. 25.
- (2014) Rare variants of large effect in BRCA2 and CHEK2 affect risk of lung cancer. Nature Genetics. vol. 46 (7).
- (2014) Red versus blue light illumination in hexyl 5-aminolevulinate photodynamic therapy: the influence of light color and irradiance on the treatment outcome in vitro. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 19:088002 (8).
- (2014) Activation-induced cytidine deaminase (AID) is localized to subnuclear domains enriched in splicing factors. Experimental Cell Research. vol. 322 (1).
- (2014) Error-free versus mutagenic processing of genomic uracil-Relevance to cancer. DNA Repair. vol. 19.
- (2014) Expression and recruitment of uracil-DNA glycosylase are regulated by E2A during antibody diversification. Molecular Immunology. vol. 60 (1).
- (2014) Protozoan ALKBH8 Oxygenases Display both DNA Repair and tRNA Modification Activities. PLOS ONE. vol. 9 (6).
- (2013) The causal role of smoking in anxiety and depression: a Mendelian randomization analysis of the HUNT study. Psychological Medicine. vol. 43 (4).