Background and activities
Harald Øverby is Professor at NTNU. He received his Msc in Computer Science in 2002, a BSc in Economics in 2003 and a PhD in Information and Communication Technology in 2005, all from NTNU. His academic interests include Digital economics, Optical networking, Performance and dependability modelling, and Network coding. Øverby has worked with research, teaching, innovation and management since 2002. He was the Head of Department at the Department of Telematics in the period 2013-2016. He has published over 70 papers in international and national journals and conference, and participated in several research projects.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Combining Forward Error Correction and Network Coding in Bufferless Networks: a Case Study for Optical Packet Switching. IEEE International Conference on High Performance Switching and Routing, HPSR.
- (2016) General Sub-Packetized Access-Optimal Regenerating Codes. IEEE Communications Letters. vol. 20 (7).
- (2016) Evaluation of Burst/Packet Loss Ratio in a Bufferless OBS/OPS Network with 1 + X Path Protection. IEEE Photonics Technology Letters. vol. 28 (15).
- (2015) Economic Markets for Video Streaming Services: A Case Study of NetFlix and Popcorn Time. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2015) Performance evaluation of a bufferless OBS/OPS network with 1+1 path protection. IEEE Photonics Technology Letters. vol. 27 (20).
- (2014) Asymptotic Performance of Bidirectional Dual-Hop Amplify-and-Forward Systems. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. vol. 231.
- (2014) Cost evolution model to design optical switching fabrics with wavelength converters. Computer Networks.
- (2013) Balanced XOR-ed Coding. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8115.
- (2013) Realization strategies of dedicated path protection: A bandwidth cost perspective. Computer Networks. vol. 57 (9).
- (2013) Modeling and simulating motions of human bodies in a futuristic distributed tele-immersive collaboration system for synthesizing transient input traffic. Simulation (San Diego, Calif.). vol. 31.
- (2013) Ultrafast scalable embedded DCT image coding for tele-immersive delay-sensitive collaboration. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications. vol. 4 (12).
- (2012) Cost Comparison of 1+1 Path Protection Schemes: A Case for Coding. IEEE International Conference on Communications.
- (2011) Combating Packet Loss in OPS networks: A Case for Network Coding. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2011) Interconnecting Two Intra-Domain Wavelength Routed Optical Networks Using an Optical Packet Switch. International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON).
- (2010) Improving performance in the OpMiGua hybrid network employing the network layer packet redundancy scheme. IET Communications. vol. 4 (3).
- (2009) Packet Loss Differentiation using Network Layer Packet Redundancy in Optical Packet/Burst Switched Networks. IEEE Global Communications Conference, Exhibition, & Industry Forum (GLOBECOM).
- (2008) Combined study on survivability and performance in optical packet switched networks. Journal of Optical Networking. vol. 7 (4).
- (2007) Traffic Modelling of Asynchronous Bufferless Optical Packet Switched Networks. Computer Communications. vol. 30 (6).
- (2007) Traffic models for slotted optical packet switched networks. Photonic network communications. vol. 13 (2).
- (2006) Cost evaluations of the protected network layer packet redundancy scheme. Journal of Optical Networking. vol. 5 (10).