Background and activities
Hefeng Dong has been professor in Acoustic Remote Sensing at the Department of Electronic Systems (IES) since 2002, in Acoustics Group. Her research interests are underwater acoustics, acoustic remote sensing, geoacoustic and seismic modeling and inversion, low frequency sound propagation and the impact on marine life and passive acoustics, underwater acoustic communication and signal processing.
Hefeng Dong has a BSc. in Physics and a MSc. in Theoretical Physics from Northeaster Normal University, China in 1983 and 1986, respectively, and a PhD in Geoacoustics from Jilin University, China in 1994. She held position with SINTEF Petroleum (2001 - 2002) and has had research visits at University of Victoria, Canada (2008-2009) and University of Delaware (2014-2015).
She is member IEEE & member of Acoustic Society of America.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) An adapted eigenvalue-based filter for ocean ambient noise processing. Geophysics. vol. 85 (1).
- (2020) Measurements of underwater noise radiated by commercial ships at a cabled ocean observatory. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 153.
- (2019) Effects of sound exposure from a seismic airgun on heart rate, acceleration and depth use in free-swimming Atlantic cod and saithe. Conservation Physiology. vol. 7.
- (2019) Understanding ocean acoustics by eigenray analysis. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering. vol. 7 (4).
- (2019) Blind deconvolution based equalizer for underwater acoustic communications. Applied Acoustics. vol. 149.
- (2019) Effects of water column variations on sound propagation and underwater acoustic communications. Sensors. vol. 19 (9).
- (2019) Time Diversity Passive Time Reversal for Underwater Acoustic Communications. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) Numerical study of the effect of cement defects on flexural-wave logging. Geophysics. vol. 84 (4).
- (2018) Ultrasonic focusing through a steel layer for acoustic imaging. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. vol. 2018 (October).
- (2018) Survey on Communication and Networks for Autonomous Marine Systems. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems.
- (2017) Bayesian inference and model selection to investigate seabed shear-wave velocity profiles via interface-wave dispersion inversion. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 142 (4).
- (2017) Model selection for profile structure in Bayesian geoacoustic inversion. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 141.
- (2017) Image-guided regularization of marine electromagnetic inversion. Geophysics. vol. 82 (4).
- (2016) Geoacoustic Inversion of Airgun Data Under Influence of Internal Waves. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. vol. 42 (3).
- (2016) Measurement of ocean bottom reflection loss with a horizontal line array. Acta Acustica united with Acustica. vol. 102 (4).
- (2016) Sparse CSEM inversion driven by seismic coherence. Journal of Geophysics and Engineering. vol. 13 (6).
- (2016) Comparison of marine controlled-source electromagnetic data acquisition systems by a reservoir sensitivity index: analyzing the effect of water depths. Acta Oceanologica Sinica. vol. 35 (11).
- (2016) DSP based OFDM receiver for time-varying underwater acoustic channels. European Signal Processing Conference. vol. 2016-November.
- (2015) Matched mode geoacoustic inversion of broadband signals in shallow water. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 137.
- (2015) Detection of Permafrost Subgrade Using GPR: A Case Examination on Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. Journal of Geoscience and Environment Protection.