Background and activities
I am an associate professor in English linguistics at the Department of language and literature. I have an an MA in English linguistics from NTNU. In addition, I have studied German and general linguistics.
I teach English linguistics and and English proficiency on the BA level both on campus and on the web-based continuing education programme Take Credit.
- sentence structure
- information structure
- language learning
- new and flexible approaches to teaching
- Deputy head of education, Depatment of language and literature, 2013 -
- Head of the study programme MA in Language studies with teacher education, 2010 - 2017
- Member of the Education Committee at the Faculty of Humanities, 2015-
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2003) Towards a Unified Representation of English and Norwegian Auxiliaries. Nordic Journal of English Studies. vol. 2.
- (2000) Stilistisk inversjon in engelsk og presentering i norsk: ei samanlikning. Nordlyd.
Part of book/report
- (2018) Developing Language Awareness. Teaching and Learning English.
- (2014) Språkleg samanlikning i klasserommet. Fremmedspråksdidaktikk.
- (2013) "I enjoyed using SRS in the classroom" - A research study of Student Response System in Norwegian classes and in further education of language teachers in Norway. The Joy of Learning : Enhancing Learning Experience : Improving Learning Quality Proceedings of the European Distance and E-Learning Network 2013 Annual Conference.
- (2006) ENG1101 - English language: An introduction to the structure of English - Coursebook. 2006.
- (2004) English language: An intoduction to the structure of English (Chapter 8-11 Syntax). 2004.