Background and activities
Main Research Activity I head the research group CAIR, a collaboration of clinicians and researchers at Department of Clinical Microbiology, and Childrens Department, St. Olavs University Hospital, and Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine (IKOM), NTNU. The research has two main objectives: 1) to study the causes and treatment of childrens lower respiratory tract infections, and 2) to study the relation between early severe viral infections and risk of asthma development.
Present positions Professor in Pediatrics, IKOM, NTNU; Senior Consultant in Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Disease, Dep. of Pediatrics, St. Olavs University Hospital, Norway.
Education 1987 Cand. Med. (MD) Copenhagen University, 1995 Specialist in Pediatrics, 2002 Dr. Med. (PhD) NTNU.
Teaching Subjects General pediatrics, pediatric infectious diseases, immune deficiency, pediatric nephrology and pediatric emergency medicine.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Hospitalized Children With Common Human Coronavirus Clinical Impact of Codetected Respiratory Syncytial Virus and Rhinovirus. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal.
- (2021) Impact of the Rotavirus Vaccination Program in Norway after Four Years with High Coverage. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal.
- (2021) The burden of respiratory syncytial virus in children under 5 years of age in Norway. Journal of Infection. vol. 84 (2).
- (2021) Parechovirus A in Hospitalized Children With Respiratory Tract Infections: A 10-Year-Long Study From Norway. Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society.
- (2021) A validity study of the rapid emergency Triage and treatment system for children. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. vol. 29:18.
- (2020) Pediatric Patients in a Local Nepali Emergency Department: Presenting Complaints, Triage and Post-Discharge Mortality. Global Pediatric Health. vol. 7.
- (2019) Human bocaviruses and paediatric infections. The Lancet Child and Adolescent Health. vol. 3 (6).
- (2019) Human adenovirus in nasopharyngeal and blood samples from children with and without respiratory tract infections. Journal of Clinical Virology. vol. 111.
- (2018) Characterization of signaling pathways regulating the expression of pro-inflammatory long form thymic stromal lymphopoietin upon human metapneumovirus infection. Scientific Reports. vol. 8.
- (2018) Human Coronavirus in Hospitalized Children With Respiratory Tract Infections: A 9-Year Population-Based Study From Norway. Journal of Infectious Diseases. vol. 219 (8).
- (2017) The Burden of Human Metapneumovirus and Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infections in Hospitalized Norwegian Children. Journal of Infectious Diseases. vol. 216 (1).
- (2016) Respiratory virus detection and clinical diagnosis in children attending day care. PLOS ONE. vol. 11 (7).