Henry Peter Piehl
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Tangential stress in multilayer winch drums with high performance synthetic fibre ropes – analytical calculations versus experimental measurements. Ships and Offshore Structures. vol. 15.
- (2018) A method for estimation of equivalent-volume ice thickness based on WMO egg code in absence of ridging parameters. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 155.
- (2018) The influence of the bow design on structural response due to ice loading. Ships and Offshore Structures. vol. 13.
- (2017) A finite element method-based potential theory approach for optimal ice routing. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 139 (6).
- (2015) A framework for a design and optimization platform for ships in arctic conditions. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions. vol. 2015-January.
Part of book/report
- (2019) Experimental Investigation of Stresses in Winch Drums Subjected to Multilayer Spooling Loads From Synthetic Fibre Ropes. ASME 2019 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering. Volume 7A: Ocean Engineering.
- (2019) ANTI-ICING AND DE-ICING OF PIPE STRUCTURES ON MARINE VESSELS USING WASTE HEAT RECOVERY. ASME 2019 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering. Volume 7B: Ocean Engineering.
- (2015) A Mathematical Model for Roll Damping Prediction. ASME 2015 34th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering Volume 2: CFD and VIV.