Background and activities
Teaching and supervision
- Primary and lower secondary school teacher education, 1-7 and 5-10.
- Further education of in-service teachers, 1-7 and 5-10.
- Supervision of practical teacher training.
I mainly teach (within the subject English):
- Phonetics and phonology
- Global English
- Discourse analysis
- Second Language Acquisition
- English didactics
Areas of interest
My professional areas of interest are among others:
- Grammar and grammar teaching
- Phonetics, phonology and pronunciation teaching
- English as a Lingua Franca
- Second language acquisition
- Primary school teachers' goals and attitudes to pronunciation teaching.
- ICT use in the classroom.
- Teaching practicum in the Global South.
- SKOLE6263 - Language learning and English education
- MGLU2120 - Field Practice, Teacher Education (1-7) Year 2
- MGLU2105 - English 1 (1-7) module 2
- MGLU3504 - English 2 (5-10) Module 2
- MGLU4120 - Field Practice, Teacher Education (1-7) Year 4
- MGLU1120 - Field Practice, Teacher Education (1-7) Year 1
- LVUT8086 - English 2 (5-10) module 2
- MGLU3120 - Field Practice, Teacher Education (1-7) Year 3
- LVUT8085 - English 2 (5-10) Module 1
- MGLU5120 - Field Practice, Teacher Education (1-7) Year 5
- LVUT8005 - English 1 (1-7) module 2
- MGLU2505 - English 1 (5-10) Module 2
- MGLU3104 - English 2 (1-7) module 2
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Teacher Educators’ Professional Digital Competence in Primary and Lower Secondary School Teacher Education. Nordic Journal of Digital Literacy. vol. 17 (1).
- (2019) The Teacher as English Student. Cappelen Damm Akademisk. 2019. ISBN 9788202566722.
- (2021) Lærerutdanneres profesjonsfaglige digitale kompetanseutvikling: En studie av digitalisering av grunnskolelærerutdanningen. Lærerutdanningskonferansen 2021 . Universitets- og høgskolerådet og Diku; Nettbasert. 2021-04-27 - 2021-04-28.
- (2018) English teachers' goals and attitudes to pronunciation teaching in Norway. The 11th International Conference of English as a Lingua Franca ; King's College London. 2018-07-04 - 2018-07-07.