Ibrahim A. Hameed
PhD, Associate Professor, Deputy head of research and innovation, Program responsible for the master in simulation & visualizationDepartment of ICT and Natural Sciences Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
Background and activities
- BSc degree in Industrial Electronics and Control Engineering from Menofia University, Egypt, 1998.
- MSc degree in control engineering from Menofia University, Egypt, 2005.
- PhD degree in Industrial Systems and Information Engineering from Korea University, Seoul, South Korea, 2010.
- PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering from Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark, 2012.
- Senior Member of IEEE (SMIEEE) since 2016.
- Senior Visiting Fellow at the University of New South Wales, UNSW Canberra, Australia, 15 Nov. 2017 to 15 Feb. 2018.
1- Control Systems https://www.ntnu.no/studier/emner/IE203612#tab=omEmnet
2- Intelligent Systems https://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/IE303312#tab=omEmnet
3- Selected Topics in Artificial Intelligence https://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/IE502014#tab=omEmnet
4- Machine learning https://www.ntnu.no/studier/emner/IE501614#tab=omEmnet
5- Swarm Intelligence https://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/IE501714#tab=omEmnet
His main research interests include Artificial Intelligence, Control Engineering, Field Robotics, Social Robots and optimization. He is a author/coauthor of more than 75 publications in international journals, conferences and book chapters and a reviewer for a number of international journals and conferences.
Recent Research Projects:
- Excited min project (Center for Excellent IT Education): an expert system to reduce uncertainties in students evaluation - Et ekspertsystem for å redusere usikkerhet i studenters evaluering - 50 KNOK - 2018 (project number 80430018).
- Pilotering av sosial robot i omsorgssenter: design av norsk chatbot for bedre menneske-maskin interaksjoner i fremtiden, RFF Mid Norge (500 KNOK).
- Digital Transformation project: Person-Centered Robotics Care in Nursing Homes (PRCare) joint funding for 2 PhD students by faculty of information technology and electrical engineering (IE)/faculty of medicine and health sciences (MH) NTNU, 2018.
- Søknad om Posisjoneringsstøtte (POS) for posisjonering mot Hosisont2020 (ePhorte nr. 2017/414-166 og 167) (80 KNOK).
- Social Robot i Newton Room (with NMK): funded by IE Faculty - 100 KNOK - 2017.
- Social Robot i Omsorgssente (Social robot in nursing homes): MobPro, Prosjeknummer 2017/05 - 200 KNOK - 2017.
- Excited min project (Center for Excellent IT Education): Expert System for Students' Evaluation - 50 KNOK - 2017.
- VRI research project: Artificial Intelligence for Winch Design, grand no. 249171.
- Impact of Climate Change on the Association between Weather and Waterbrone Diseases, WP IV (PI is Prof. Razak Seidu), grand no. 244147/E10.
- VRI research project: Artificial Intelligence for Crane Design, grand no. 241238.
Awards & nominations:
- Best Paper Award April 2016:
I. A. Hameed, Z.-H. Tan, N.B. Thomsen, and X. Duan (2016). User acceptance of social robots. In Processdings of the 9th International Conference in Computer-Human Interaction (ACHI 2016), Venice, Italy, pp. 274-279.
- Final List of Best Paper Award June 2016:
I. A. Hameed, R.T. Bye, O.L. Osen, B.S. Pedersen, and H.G. Schaatun (2016). Intelligent Computer Automated Crane Design using an Online Crane Prototyping Tool. In Processdings of the of the 30th European Conference on Modeling and Simulation (ECMS), Regensburg, Germany.
- Best Research Paper Award Feb. 2017:
H. Mohamed, I. A. Hameed, R. Seidu (2017). Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference System for Predicitng Norovirous in Drinking Water Supply. In Processdings of the IEEE International Congress in Health Informatics, Riydeh, KSA.
- Top 25 most productive researchers in IE faculty in 2017.
- 2nd most productive researcher at NTNU Ålesund campus in 2017.
Organizing committee member:
- First Teleno-NTNU AI-Lab Hackaton:
A member of the organizing committee members for the first Hackathon on Telco related problems and data with machine learning (17-18 March 2017 - Ålesund Track): https://www.ntnu.edu/ailab/hackaton
Program committee (PC) member:
- GECOO 2018:
A program committee member of the 5th ACM-GECCO workshop on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation in Defence, Security and Risk Management (SecDef'2018), Kyoto, Japan, 15th - 19th, 2018: http://gecco-2018.sigevo.org/
- CSEDU 2018:
A program committee member of the 10th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU 2018): http://www.csedu.org/
- EFITA WCC Congress 2017:
A program committee member of the 2017 European Fedration for Information Technology in Agriculture, Food and the Environment (EFITA) with the collaboration of the World Congress on Computers in Agriculture (WCCA): http://www.efita2017.org/
International track chair of the track: sensing, robotics and electronics for agriculture
- ICARSC 2017:
A program committee member of the 17th IEEE International Conference on Autonmous Robot Systems and Competitions (ICARSC 2017): http://icarsc2017.isr.uc.pt/
- CSEDU 2017:
A program committee member of the 9th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU 2017): http://www.csedu.org/
- ARIN 2016:
A program committee member of the 2nd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ARIN 2016): http://iidco.org/2016/ARIN/index.html
- RST 2016:
A program committee member of the 2016 IEEE International Workshop on Recent Advances in Robotics and Sensor Technology for Humanitarian Demining and Counter-LEDs (RST): http://www.rstech.org/
- CSEDU 2016:
A program committee member of the 8th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU 2016): http://www.csedu.org/?y=2016
- ECMS 2016:
A program committee member of the 30th European Conference on Modeling and Simulation(ECMS 2016): http://www.scs-europe.net/conf/ecms2016
- CSEDU 2015:
A program committee member of the 7th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU 2015): http://www.csedu.org/?y=2015
- CSEDU 2014:
A program committee member of the 6th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU 2014): http://www.csedu.org/Home.aspx?y=2014
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) A GA-Based Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Controller for Greenhouse Climate Control System. Alexandria Engineering Journal. vol. 57 (2).
- (2018) Comparative predictive modelling of the occurrence of faecal indicator bacteria in a drinking water source in Norway. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 628-629.
- (2017) Reconfigurable Adaptive Fuzzy Fault-Hiding Control for Greenhouse Climate Control System. International Journal of Automation and Control. vol. 11 (2).
- (2017) Enhanced fuzzy system for student's academic evaluation using linguistic hedges. IEEE International Fuzzy Systems conference proceedings.
- (2017) Path planning for line marking robots using 2D dubins? path. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. vol. 533.
- (2017) A comparison between optimization algorithms applied to offshore crane design using an online crane prototyping tool. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. vol. 533.
- (2017) Interval type-2 fuzzy logic systems for evaluating students? academic performance. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 739.
- (2016) Side-to-side 3D coverage path planning approach for agricultural robots to minimize skip/overlap areas between swaths. Robotics and Autonomous Systems. vol. 76.
- (2016) Using Theatre to Study Interaction with Care Robots. International Journal of Social Robotics. vol. 8 (4).
- (2015) Sensor and Actuator Fault-Hiding Reconfigurable Control Design for a Four-Tank System Benchmark. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control. vol. 11 (2).
- (2014) Design of a Wildlife Avoidance Planning System for Autonomous Harvesting Operations. International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems. vol. 11 (6).
- (2014) Intelligent coverage path planning for agricultural robots and autonomous machines on three-dimensional terrain. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems. vol. 74 (3).
- (2013) An optimized field coverage planning approach for navigation of agricultural robots in fields involving obstacle areas. International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems. vol. 10.
- (2013) Optimized driving direction based on a three-dimensional field representation. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. vol. 91.
- (2012) An object oriented model for simulating agricultural in-field machinery activities. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. vol. 81.
- (2011) Robotic weed monitoring. Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica - Section B. vol. 61 (3).
- (2011) Using Gaussian membership functions for improving the reliability and robustness of students’ evaluation systems. Expert systems with applications. vol. 38 (6).
- (2011) Driving angle and track sequence optimization for operational path planning using genetic algorithms. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. vol. 27 (6).
- (2011) Field robotics in sports: automatic generation of guidance lines for automatic grass cutting, striping and pitch marking of football playing fields. International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems. vol. 8 (1).
- (2010) Tramline establishment in controlled traffic farming based on operational machinery cost. Biosystems Engineering. vol. 107 (3).