Ilias O. Pappas
Background and activities
Ilias Pappas is an Assoc. Professor at the Department of Computer Science, NTNU, Norway.
His research and teaching activities include data science and digital transformation, social innovation and social change, user experience in different contexts, as well as digital marketing, e-services, and information technology adoption. He has worked on EU-funded projects that support SMEs to innovate, network and grow by promoting innovation through collaboration platforms.
He has published over 90 articles in peer reviewed journals and conferences including Journal of Business Research, European Journal of Marketing, Computers in Human Behavior, Information & Management, Psychology & Marketing, International Journal of Information Management, Journal of Systems and Software.
Pappas has been a Guest Editor for the journals Information & Management,Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Information Systems Frontiers, Information Technology & People, and Information Systems and e-Business Management. He is or has been a track chair on Big Data Analytics as well as on Artificial Intelligence at the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), the European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), and the Mediterranean Conference on Information Systems (MCIS), and on Information Management at the IEEE Conference on Business Informatics (CBI).
He serves as the vice-chair of the IFIP Working Group 6.11: Communication Aspects of the E-World. Pappas is a recipient of ERCIM and Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowships.
Pappas is also a Professor at the Department of Information Systems, University of Agder (UiA), Norway.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Employee-driven digital innovation: A systematic review and a research agenda. Journal of Business Research.
- (2021) The Role of Citizens’ Familiarity, Privacy Concerns, and Trust on Adoption of Smart Services. NIKT: Norsk IKT-konferanse for forskning og utdanning. vol. 2021 (2).
- (2021) Applying and Understanding an Advanced, Novel Deep Learning Approach: A Covid 19, Text Based, Emotions Analysis Study. Information Systems Frontiers.
- (2021) Guest editorial: Socially responsible information systems development: the role of AI and business analytics. Information Technology Journal. vol. 34 (6).
- (2021) Systematic literature review of E-learning capabilities to enhance organizational learning. Information Systems Frontiers.
- (2021) Understanding Civic Engagement on Social Media Based on Users’ Motivation to Contribute. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 12849.
- (2021) AI-enabled adaptive learning systems: A systematic mapping of the literature. Computers & Education: Artificial Intelligence (CAEAI). vol. 2 (2021).
- (2021) Tension in the data environment: How organisations can meet the challenge. Technological Forecasting and Social Change.
- (2021) Affordances in Human-Chatbot Interaction: A Review of the Literature. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 12896.
- (2021) Goalkeeper: A Zero-Sum Exergame for Motivating Physical Activity. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 12934.
- (2021) Rethinking Learning Design in IT Education During a Pandemic. Frontiers in Education. vol. 6.
- (2021) Big Data Analytics Affordances for Social Innovation: A Theoretical Framework. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 12896.
- (2021) Fuzzy-set Qualitative Comparative Analysis (fsQCA): Guidelines for research practice in Information Systems and marketing. International Journal of Information Management. vol. 58.
- (2020) Utilizing multimodal data through fsQCA to explain engagement in adaptive learning. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies. vol. 13 (4).
- (2020) Achieving agility and quality in product development -an empirical study of hardware startups. Journal of Systems and Software. vol. 167.
- (2020) Fitbit for learning: Towards capturing the learning experience using wearable sensing. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies. vol. 136.
- (2020) Investigating Aid Effectiveness in Developing Countries : The Case of Nepal. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 12067.
- (2020) Seeking Information on Social Commerce: An Examination of the Impact of User- and Marketer-generated Content Through an Eye-tracking Study. Information Systems Frontiers. vol. 23.
- (2020) Toward Employee-Driven Digital Innovation in Public Organizations Through the Use of Action Design Research. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 12067 LNCS.
- (2020) Identifying the combinations of motivations and emotions for creating satisfied users in SNSs: An fsQCA approach. International Journal of Information Management. vol. 53.