Ilias O. Pappas
Background and activities
Ilias Pappas is an Assoc. Professor at the Department of Computer Science, NTNU, Norway.
His research and teaching activities include data science and digital transformation, social innovation and social change, user experience in different contexts, as well as digital marketing, e-services, and information technology adoption. He has worked on EU-funded projects that support SMEs to innovate, network and grow by promoting innovation through collaboration platforms.
He has published over 90 articles in peer reviewed journals and conferences including Journal of Business Research, European Journal of Marketing, Computers in Human Behavior, Information & Management, Psychology & Marketing, International Journal of Information Management, Journal of Systems and Software.
Pappas has been a Guest Editor for the journals Information & Management,Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Information Systems Frontiers, Information Technology & People, and Information Systems and e-Business Management. He is or has been a track chair on Big Data Analytics as well as on Artificial Intelligence at the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), the European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), and the Mediterranean Conference on Information Systems (MCIS), and on Information Management at the IEEE Conference on Business Informatics (CBI).
He serves as the vice-chair of the IFIP Working Group 6.11: Communication Aspects of the E-World. Pappas is a recipient of ERCIM and Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowships.
Pappas is also a Professor at the Department of Information Systems, University of Agder (UiA), Norway.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Applying and Understanding an Advanced, Novel Deep Learning Approach: A Covid 19, Text Based, Emotions Analysis Study. Information Systems Frontiers.
- (2021) Responsible AI and Analytics for an Ethical and Inclusive Digitized Society. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 12896.
- (2021) Systematic literature review of E-learning capabilities to enhance organizational learning. Information Systems Frontiers.
- (2021) Rethinking Learning Design in IT Education During a Pandemic. Frontiers in Education. vol. 6.
- (2021) Fuzzy-set Qualitative Comparative Analysis (fsQCA): Guidelines for research practice in Information Systems and marketing. International Journal of Information Management. vol. 58.
- (2020) Utilizing multimodal data through fsQCA to explain engagement in adaptive learning. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies. vol. 13 (4).
- (2020) Achieving agility and quality in product development -an empirical study of hardware startups. Journal of Systems and Software. vol. 167.
- (2020) Fitbit for learning: Towards capturing the learning experience using wearable sensing. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies. vol. 136.
- (2020) Investigating Aid Effectiveness in Developing Countries : The Case of Nepal. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 12067.
- (2020) Seeking Information on Social Commerce: An Examination of the Impact of User- and Marketer-generated Content Through an Eye-tracking Study. Information Systems Frontiers.
- (2020) Toward Employee-Driven Digital Innovation in Public Organizations Through the Use of Action Design Research. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 12067 LNCS.
- (2020) Identifying the combinations of motivations and emotions for creating satisfied users in SNSs: An fsQCA approach. International Journal of Information Management. vol. 53.
- (2020) How Quickly Can We Predict Users’ Ratings on Aesthetic Evaluations of Websites? Employing Machine Learning on Eye-Tracking Data. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 12067.
- (2019) Cultural correlates of internet addiction. CyberPsychology, Behavior and Social Networking. vol. 22 (4).
- (2019) Technology-Enhanced Organizational Learning: A Systematic Literature Review. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11701 LNCS.
- (2019) Multimodal data as a means to understand the learning experience. International Journal of Information Management. vol. 48.
- (2019) Organizational Culture Challenges of Adopting Big Data: A Systematic Literature Review. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11701 LNCS.
- (2019) Exploring the relationship between big data analytics capability and competitive performance: The mediating roles of dynamic and operational capabilities. Information & Management. vol. 57 (2).
- (2019) Big data and business analytics: A research agenda for realizing business value. Information & Management. vol. 57 (1).
- (2019) Explaining User Experience in Mobile Gaming Applications: An fsQCA Approach. Internet Research.