Background and activities
Irina Oleinikova is Professor at the Department of Electric Power Engineering, Power System Operation and Analisys group.
NTNU Smart Grid Team Leader. Steering committee member in the European Energy Research Alliance (EERA) Joint Programme on Smart Grids, and an expert in International Smart Grid Action Network (ISGAN) Annex 6: Power Transmission and Distribution Systems.
MsC and PhD degree in Power Engineering from Riga Technical University. Main research activities involve Power System Operation and Planning, Smart Grids and Electricity Market. With more than 10 years of management experience to carry out research projects independently with the new scientific tasks developments and application in field of Smart Grids, playing an active role in exploring research materials for industrial sector in Nordic and Baltic Countries.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2020) The impact of Flow-Based Market Coupling on the Nordic region. International Conference on the European Energy Market.
- (2019) The Regulatory Framework for Market Transparency in Future Power Systems under the Web-of-Cells Concept. Energies. vol. 12 (5).
- (2019) A Transparent Market Design for Balancing an Voltage Control Products. CIRED - Open Access Proceedings Journal.
- (2019) Flexibility Assessment Through Local Energy Consumer. International Conference on the European Energy Market. vol. 2019-September.
- (2019) A Minute-To-Minute Unit Commitment Model to Analyze Generators Performance. International Conference on the European Energy Market. vol. 2019-September.
Part of book/report
- (2020) Cost-Benefit Analysis of Battery Energy Storage in Electric Power Grids: Research and Practices. 2020 IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Europe - ISGT-Europe.
- (2020) Assessment of flexibility in different ancillary services for the power system. 2020 17th International Conference on the European Energy Market - EEM.
- (2019) Energy Management Modelling Under Real-time Approach. 2019 IEEE Milan PowerTech.