Background and activities
Ivar Farup is a professor of computer science and study program leader for bachelor in engineering – computer science at NTNU in Gjøvik.
- MSc (siv.ing.) in technical physics from NTH, Norway, 1994
- PhD (dr. scient.) from the department of mathematics, University of Oslo, 2000
- Worked at Gjøvik University College, 2000–2015
- Professor of computer science since 2012
- Colour science
- Image processing
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Interpolation of the MacAdam ellipses. SIAM Journal of Imaging Sciences. vol. 11 (3).
- (2018) Towards exploiting change blindness for image processing. Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation. vol. 54.
- (2018) Stochastic Capsule Endoscopy Image Enhancement. Journal of Imaging. vol. 4 (6).
- (2018) Variational approach for capsule video frame interpolation. EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing. vol. 2018:30.
- (2018) Multiscale daltonization in the gradient domain. Journal of Perceptual Imaging. vol. 1 (1).
- (2018) Bidirectional Reflectance Measurement and Reflection Model Fitting of Complex Materials Using an Image-Based Measurement Setup. Journal of Imaging. vol. 4 (11).
- (2018) Evaluating an image-based bidirectional reflectance distribution function measurement setup. Applied Optics. vol. 57 (8).
- (2018) Demosaicing of periodic and random colour filter arrays by linear anisotropic diffusion. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 62 (5).
- (2017) The Cosmic Causal Mass. Universe. vol. 3 (2).
- (2017) Gamut Mapping in RGB Colour Spaces with the Iterative Ratios Diffusion Algorithm. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 2017-January.
- (2017) On the edge: A scalable daltonization method focusing chromatic edges and contrast. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 2017-January.
- (2017) Evaluating an image based multi-angle measurement setup using different reflection models. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 2017 (8).
- (2016) A Computational Framework for Colour Metrics and Colour Space Transforms. PeerJ Computer Science. vol. 2.
- (2016) Evaluating color vision deficiency daltonization methods using a behavioral visual-search method. Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation. vol. 35 (February 2016).
- (2016) Using a behavioral match-to-sample method to evaluate color vision deficiency simulation methods. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 60 (5).
- (2016) Using a behavioralmatch-To-samplemethod to evaluate color vision deficiency simulationmethods. Final program and proceedings (Color and Imaging Conference).
- (2016) Image based reflectance measurement based on camera spectral sensitivities. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. Part F129946.
- (2015) QuickEval: A web application for psychometric scaling experiments. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 9396:93960O.
- (2014) Constructing an optimal circulating temperament based on a set of musical requirements. Journal of Mathematics and Music - Mathematical and Computational Approaches to Music Theory, Analysis, Composition and Performance. vol. 8 (1).
- (2014) Hyperbolic geometry for colour metrics. Optics Express. vol. 22 (10).