Background and activities
Upcoming Workshop and Summer School: June 11-16, 2018
NTNU is hosting a combined workshop and summer school at on the Casimir Effect:Theory and Applications. Senior researchers will present their recent research on Monday and Tuesday. The summer school session for senior level physics student and Ph.D. candidates will follow, fromWednesday to Saturday.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Fluid-sensitive nanoscale switching with quantum levitation controlled by a-Sn/b-Sn phase transition. Physical Review B. vol. 97.
- (2018) Radiation forces and the Abraham-Minkowski problem. Modern Physics Letters A. vol. 33 (10 & 11).
- (2018) Proceedings, Editorial. Introduction-Symmetry 2017. Symmetry.
- (2018) Inflation in terms of a viscous van der Waals coupled fluid. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 15.
- (2018) Impact of effective polarisability models on motion of CH4 and CO2 in premelted ice. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics.
- (2018) Casimir energies for isorefractive or diaphanous balls. Symmetry. vol. 10 (3).
- (2018) Ice particles sink below the water surface due to a balance of salt, van der Waals and buoyancy forces. Journal of Physical Chemistry C.
- (2018) Distance-Dependent Sign Reversal in the Casimir-Lifshitz Torque. Physical Review Letters. vol. 120.
- (2017) Lifshitz interaction can promote ice growth at water-silica interfaces. Physical Review B. vol. 95 (15).
- (2017) Minkowski momentum resulting from a vacuum-medium mapping procedure, and a brief review of Minkowski momentum experiments. Annals of Physics. vol. 377.
- (2017) Inflationary universe with a viscous fluid avoiding self-reproduction. Annalen der Physik. vol. 529 (1-2).
- (2017) Inflationary universe in terms of a van der Waals viscous fluid. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 14 (12).
- (2017) Viscous Cosmology for Early- and Late-Time Universe. International Journal of Modern Physics D. vol. 26 (14).
- (2017) Dissipative universe-inflation with soft singularity. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 14 (4).
- (2017) Effective Polarizability Models. Journal of Physical Chemistry A. vol. 121 (51).
- (2017) Entropy production in a lepton-photon universe. Astrophysics and Space Science. vol. 362.
- (2017) Casimir force and its relation to surface tension. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics. vol. 95 (5).
- (2017) Characteristic properties of two different viscous cosmology models for the future universe. Modern Physics Letters A. vol. 32 (4).
- (2017) Electromagnetic δ-function sphere. Physical Review D. vol. 96 (8).
- (2017) Casimir-Polder energy for axially symmetric systems. Annals of Physics. vol. 387.