Background and activities
Upcoming Workshop and Summer School: June 11-16, 2018
NTNU is hosting a combined workshop and summer school at on the Casimir Effect:Theory and Applications. Senior researchers will present their recent research on Monday and Tuesday. The summer school session for senior level physics student and Ph.D. candidates will follow, fromWednesday to Saturday.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Dispersion Forces Stabilize Ice Coatings at Certain Gas Hydrate Interfaces That Prevent Water Wetting. ACS Earth and Space Chemistry. vol. 3.
- (2019) Repulsive Casimir force, and magnetodielectric Casimir friction. Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium.
- (2019) Black holes in the turbulent phase of viscous rip cosmology. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 16 (2).
- (2019) Gravitational waves in the presence of viscosity. International Journal of Modern Physics D. vol. 2019.
- (2019) Trapping of gas bubbles in water at a finite distance below a water-solid interface. Langmuir. vol. 35 (12).
- (2019) Casimir friction between a magnetic and a dielectric material in the nonretarded limit. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics. vol. 99.
- (2018) Fluid-sensitive nanoscale switching with quantum levitation controlled by α-Sn/β-Sn phase transition. Physical Review B. vol. 97:125421 (12).
- (2018) Analysis of recent interpretations of the Abraham-Minkowski problem. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics. vol. 98 (4).
- (2018) Radiation forces and the Abraham-Minkowski problem. Modern Physics Letters A. vol. 33 (10 & 11).
- (2018) Proceedings, Editorial. Introduction-Symmetry 2017. Symmetry.
- (2018) Inflation in terms of a viscous van der Waals coupled fluid. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 15 (9).
- (2018) Casimir force for magnetodielectric media. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics. vol. 98 (3).
- (2018) Repulsive Casimir force. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics. vol. 98 (2).
- (2018) Casimir energies for isorefractive or diaphanous balls. Symmetry. vol. 10 (3).
- (2018) Ice particles sink below the water surface due to a balance of salt, van der Waals and buoyancy forces. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 122 (27).
- (2018) Distance-dependent sign reversal in the Casimir-Lifshitz torque. Physical Review Letters. vol. 120 (13).
- (2017) Lifshitz interaction can promote ice growth at water-silica interfaces. Physical Review B. vol. 95 (15).
- (2017) Minkowski momentum resulting from a vacuum-medium mapping procedure, and a brief review of Minkowski momentum experiments. Annals of Physics. vol. 377.
- (2017) Inflationary universe with a viscous fluid avoiding self-reproduction. Annalen der Physik. vol. 529 (1-2).
- (2017) Inflationary universe in terms of a van der Waals viscous fluid. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 14 (12).