Iver Håkon Brevik
Background and activities
Workshop and Summer School: June 11-16, 2018
NTNU is hosting a combined workshop and summer school at on the Casimir Effect:Theory and Applications. Senior researchers will present their recent research on Monday and Tuesday. The summer school session for senior level physics student and Ph.D. candidates will follow, fromWednesday to Saturday.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Self-stress on a dielectric ball and Casimir-Polder forces. Annals of Physics. vol. 412.
- (2019) Dispersion Forces Stabilize Ice Coatings at Certain Gas Hydrate Interfaces That Prevent Water Wetting. ACS Earth and Space Chemistry. vol. 3.
- (2019) Remarks on the Abraham-Minkowski problem, in relation to recent radiation pressure experiments. International Journal of Modern Physics A. vol. 34 (28).
- (2019) Repulsive Casimir force, and magnetodielectric Casimir friction. Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium.
- (2019) Spacelike character of the Minkowski four-momentum in analog gravity. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics (PRA). vol. 100.
- (2019) Black holes in the turbulent phase of viscous rip cosmology. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 16 (2).
- (2019) Viscous accelerating universe with nonlinear and logarithmic equation of state fluid. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 16 (10).
- (2019) Gravitational waves in the presence of viscosity. International Journal of Modern Physics D. vol. 28 (10).
- (2019) Trapping of gas bubbles in water at a finite distance below a water-solid interface. Langmuir. vol. 35 (12).
- (2019) Impact of effective polarisability models on the near field interaction of dissolved greenhouse gases at ice and air interfaces. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 21.
- (2019) Casimir friction between a magnetic and a dielectric material in the nonretarded limit. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics (PRA). vol. 99.
- (2019) Casimir energy of an open string with angle-dependent boundary conditions. Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics. vol. 129 (5).
- (2019) The role of zero point energy in promoting ice formation in a spherical drop of water. Physical Review Research.
- (2019) Effect of excess charge carriers and fluid medium on the magnitude and sign of the Casimir-Lifshitz torque. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 100.
- (2018) Fluid-sensitive nanoscale switching with quantum levitation controlled by α-Sn/β-Sn phase transition. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 97:125421 (12).
- (2018) Analysis of recent interpretations of the Abraham-Minkowski problem. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics (PRA). vol. 98 (4).
- (2018) Radiation forces and the Abraham-Minkowski problem. Modern Physics Letters A. vol. 33 (10 & 11).
- (2018) Proceedings, Editorial. Introduction-Symmetry 2017. Symmetry.
- (2018) Inflation in terms of a viscous van der Waals coupled fluid. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 15 (9).
- (2018) Casimir force for magnetodielectric media. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics (PRA). vol. 98 (3).