Iver Håkon Brevik
Background and activities
Workshop and Summer School: June 11-16, 2018
NTNU is hosting a combined workshop and summer school at on the Casimir Effect:Theory and Applications. Senior researchers will present their recent research on Monday and Tuesday. The summer school session for senior level physics student and Ph.D. candidates will follow, fromWednesday to Saturday.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Unveiling bulk and surface radiation forces in a dielectric liquid. Light: Science & Applications (LSA). vol. 11.
- (2022) Possible connection between time-splitting parameter and surface tension in Casimir-type problems. International Journal of Modern Physics A.
- (2022) Proposal to repeat the Abraham force experiment using giant permittivity materials. International Journal of Modern Physics A. vol. 37 (11n12).
- (2022) Electric current and heat production by a neutral carrier: An effect of the axion. European Physical Journal C. vol. 82.
- (2022) A critical discussion of different methods and models in Casimir effect. Journal of Physics Communications. vol. 6.
- (2022) Holographic representation of the unified early and late universe via a viscous dark fluid. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 19 (8).
- (2022) Premelting and formation of ice due to Casimir-Lifshitz interactions: Impact of improved parameterization for materials. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 105 (1).
- (2021) Dispersion of light traveling through the interstellar space, induced and intrinsic Lorentz invariance violation. European Physical Journal C. vol. 81.
- (2021) The study of plasticized sodium ion conducting polymer blend electrolyte membranes based on chitosan/dextran biopolymers: Ion transport, structural, morphological and potential stability. Polymers. vol. 13 (3).
- (2021) Synthesis of PVA/CeO2 based nanocomposites with tuned refractive index and reduced absorption edge: Structural and optical studies. Materials. vol. 14.
- (2021) Self-preserving ice layers on CO2 clathrate particles: Implications for Enceladus, Pluto, and similar ocean worlds. Astronomy and Astrophysics (A & A). vol. 650.
- (2021) Axion electrodynamics and the axionic Casimir effect. Universe. vol. 7.
- (2021) Quantum electrodynamics and the ether. arXiv.org.
- (2021) Remarks on the Abraham-Minkowski problem, from the formal and from the experimental side. International Journal of Modern Physics A. vol. 36.
- (2021) Viscous coupled fluids in terms of a log-corrected equation-of-state. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 18 (12).
- (2021) Holographic cosmology with two coupled fluids in the presence of viscosity. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 18 (9).
- (2021) Thermodynamic aspects of of entropic cosmology with viscosity. International Journal of Modern Physics D. vol. 30 (2).
- (2021) The effect of thermal radiation on singularities in the dark universe. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 18.
- (2021) Can the gamma-ray bursts travelling through the interstellar space be explained without invoking the drastic assumption of Lorentz invariance violation?. Proceedings of Science (PoS). vol. 390.
- (2021) Fabrication of Co3O4 from cobalt/2,6-napthalenedicarboxylic supercapacitor application. Materials. vol. 14 (3).