Background and activities
Upcoming Workshop and Summer School: June 11-16, 2018
NTNU is hosting a combined workshop and summer school at on the Casimir Effect:Theory and Applications. Senior researchers will present their recent research on Monday and Tuesday. The summer school session for senior level physics student and Ph.D. candidates will follow, fromWednesday to Saturday.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Fluid-sensitive nanoscale switching with quantum levitation controlled by a-Sn/b-Sn phase transition. Physical Review B.
- (2018) Proceedings, Editorial. Introduction-Symmetry 2017. Symmetry.
- (2018) Casimir energies for isorefractive or diaphanous balls. Symmetry. vol. 10.
- (2017) Lifshitz interaction can promote ice growth at water-silica interfaces. Physical Review B. vol. 95 (15).
- (2017) Minkowski momentum resulting from a vacuum-medium mapping procedure, and a brief review of Minkowski momentum experiments. Annals of Physics. vol. 377.
- (2017) Inflationary universe with a viscous fluid avoiding self-reproduction. Annalen der Physik. vol. 529 (1-2).
- (2017) Inflationary universe in terms of a van der Waals viscous fluid. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 14 (12).
- (2017) Viscous Cosmology for Early- and Late-Time Universe. International Journal of Modern Physics D. vol. 26 (14).
- (2017) Dissipative universe-inflation with soft singularity. International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (IJGMMP). vol. 14 (4).
- (2017) Effective Polarizability Models. Journal of Physical Chemistry A. vol. 121 (51).
- (2017) Entropy production in a lepton-photon universe. Astrophysics and Space Science. vol. 362.
- (2017) Casimir force and its relation to surface tension. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics. vol. 95 (5).
- (2017) Characteristic properties of two different viscous cosmology models for the future universe. Modern Physics Letters A. vol. 32 (4).
- (2017) Electromagnetic δ-function sphere. Physical Review D. vol. 96 (8).
- (2017) Casimir-Polder energy for axially symmetric systems. Annals of Physics. vol. 387.
- (2017) Casimir energy of Sierpinski triangles. Physical Review D. vol. 96:105010.
- (2016) The influence of Lifshitz forces and gas on premelting of ice within porous materials. Europhysics letters. vol. 115 (1).
- (2016) Temperature variation in the dark cosmic fluid in the late universe. Modern Physics Letters A. vol. 31 (8).
- (2016) Inflationary cosmology leading to a soft type singularity. Modern Physics Letters A. vol. 31 (18).
- (2016) Viscous coupled fluids in inflationary cosmology. Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics. vol. 122 (4).