Jan Kristian Damås
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Sex differences in incidence of bloodstream infections and the mediating role of known risk factors. Results from the population-based HUNT study in Norway. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement.
- (2021) Randomized Trial of Interleukin-6 Receptor Inhibition in Patients With Acute ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. vol. 77 (15).
- (2021) Risk of lower respiratory tract infections : a genome-wide association study with Mendelian randomization analysis in three independent European populations. Clinical Microbiology and Infection (CMI).
- (2021) Corynebacterium freneyi as a cause of early prosthetic valve endocarditis. BMJ Case Reports. vol. 14 (11).
- (2021) Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of immunocompromised patients infected with Pneumocystis jirovecii in a twelve-year retrospective study from Norway. BMC Infectious Diseases. vol. 21 (1).
- (2021) Semiquantitative Real-Time PCR to Distinguish Pneumocystis Pneumonia from Colonization in a Heterogeneous Population of HIV-Negative Immunocompromised Patients. Microbiology spectrum. vol. 9 (1).
- (2021) Hepatitis C outreach project and cross-sectional epidemiology in high-risk populations in Trondheim, Norway. Therapeutic Advances in Infectious Disease. vol. 8.
- (2021) Tocilizumab increases citrullinated histone 3 in non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction. Open heart. vol. 8 (1).
- (2021) Mapping the human genetic architecture of COVID-19. Nature.
- (2021) The Role of FER rs4957796 in the Risk of Developing and Dying from a Bloodstream Infection: A 23-Year Follow-up of the Population-based Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Clinical Infectious Diseases. vol. 73 (2).
- (2021) Association of insomnia symptoms with the risk of bloodstream infections: Results from the prospective population-based HUNT Study in Norway. Norsk Epidemiologi.
- (2021) Thyroid Function and Risk of Bloodstream Infections: Results from the Norwegian Prospective Population-based HUNT Study. Clinical Endocrinology.
- (2021) Secreted wnt antagonists in scrub typhus. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases. vol. 15 (4).
- (2020) Systemic inflammation persists the first year after mild traumatic brain injury: Results from the Prospective Trondheim Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Study. Journal of Neurotrauma. vol. 37 (19).
- (2020) TLR8 and complement C5 induce cytokine release and thrombin activation in human whole blood challenged with Gram-positive bacteria. Journal of Leukocyte Biology. vol. 107 (4).
- (2020) Novel Insights Into the Effects of Interleukin 6 Antagonism in Non-ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction Employing the SOMAscan Proteomics Platform. Journal of the American Heart Association (JAHA). vol. 16 (12).
- (2020) Use of peripheral venous catheters in two Norwegian hospitals. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2020) Sensing of HIV-1 by TLR8 activates human T cells and reverses latency. Nature Communications. vol. 11:147.
- (2020) Cholesterol crystals use complement to increase NLRP3 signaling pathways in coronary and carotid atherosclerosis. EBioMedicine. vol. 60:102985.
- (2020) Cardiometabolic traits, sepsis and severe covid-19: a Mendelian randomization investigation. Circulation. vol. 142 (18).