Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Poor performance of quick-SOFA (qSOFA) score in predicting severe sepsis and mortality: a prospective study of patients admitted with infection to the emergency department. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. vol. 25 (1).
- (2017) Cyclodextrin Reduces Cholesterol Crystal-Induced Inflammation by Modulating Complement Activation. Journal of Immunology.
- (2017) Toll-Like Receptor 8 Is a Major Sensor of Group B Streptococcus But Not Escherichia coli in Human Primary Monocytes and Macrophages. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 8.
- (2017) Effect of interleukin-6 inhibition on coronary microvascular and endothelial function in myocardial infarction. Heart. vol. 103 (19).
- (2017) Trends in antimicrobial resistance and empiric antibiotic therapy of bloodstream infections at a general hospital in Mid-Norway: A prospective observational study. BMC Infectious Diseases. vol. 17:116.
- (2017) Burden of bloodstream infection in an area of Mid-Norway 2002-2013: A prospective population-based observational study. BMC Infectious Diseases. vol. 17:205.
- (2017) Associations of obesity and lifestyle with the risk and mortality of bloodstream infection in a general population: a 15-year follow-up of 64 027 individuals in the HUNT Study. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 1 (9).
- (2017) Fecal neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin as a biomarker for inflammatory bowel disease. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. vol. 32 (1).
- (2017) Bronchial microdialysis monitoring of inflammatory response in open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair; an observational study. Physiological Reports.
- (2017) Extracellular matrix markers and risk of myocardial infarction: The HUNT Study in Norway. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology. vol. 24 (11).
- (2017) Monocyte/macrophage and T cell activation markers are not independently associated with MI risk in healthy individuals - results from the HUNT Study. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 243.
- (2016) Epidemiology and outcome of sepsis in adult patients with Streptococcus pneumoniae infection in a Norwegian county 1993-2011: an observational study. BMC Infectious Diseases. vol. 16.
- (2016) Effect of a single dose of the interleukin-6 receptor antagonist tocilizumab on inflammation and troponin T release in patients with non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled phase 2 trial. European Heart Journal. vol. 37 (30).
- (2016) Soluble CXCL16 and risk of myocardial infarction: The HUNT study in Norway. Atherosclerosis. vol. 244.
- (2016) Hepatitis C reinfection after sustained virological response. Journal of Hepatology. vol. 64 (5).
- (2016) The impact of infectious disease specialist consultation for Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream infections: A systematic review. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. vol. 3 (2).
- (2016) Early identification of sepsis in hospital inpatients by ward nurses increases 30-day survival. Critical Care. vol. 20.
- (2016) Low levels of short- and medium-chain acylcarnitines in HIV-infected patients. European Journal of Clinical Investigation. vol. 46 (5).
- (2015) Keap1 regulates inflammatory signaling in Mycobacterium avium-infected human macrophages. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 112 (31).
- (2015) The interleukin-6 receptor antagonist tocilizumab reduces inflammation and myocardial damage in non-ST elevation myocardial infarction - a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study. European Heart Journal. vol. 36 (27).