Jan Ketil Solberg
Background and activities
Areas of speciality/Fields of responsibilityI work as a professor at Department of Materials Science and Engineering and have been employed at NTNU/NTH since 1982.
Areas of speciality/Fields of responsibility: Physical metallurgy, steel metallurgy, hydrogen storage metals, metallography, light microscopy, transmission electron microscopy (TEM), electron probe micro analysis (EPMA).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Ballistic impact of layered and case-hardened steel plates. International Journal of Impact Engineering. vol. 110.
- (2017) Effect of nanoparticle (Pd, Pd/Pt, Ni) deposition on high temperature hydrogenation of Ti-V alloys in gaseous flow containing CO. Progress in Natural Science. vol. 27 (1).
- (2016) High temperature hydrogenation of Ti-V alloys: The effect of cycling and carbon monoxide on the bulk and surface properties. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 41 (3).
- (2015) On the measurement of austenite in supermartensitic stainless steel by X-ray diffraction. Materials Characterization. vol. 99.
- (2014) Cleavage fracture initiation at M-A constituents in intercritically coarse grained heat affected zone of a HSLA steel. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A. vol. 45 (1).
- (2014) The effects of rapid solidification on microstructure and hydrogen sorption properties of binary BCC Ti-V alloys. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. vol. 582.
- (2013) Annealing effect on phase composition and electrochemical properties of the Co-free La2MgNi9 anode for Ni-metal hydride batteries. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 96.
- (2013) Application of combined EBSD and 3D-SEM technique on crystallographic facet analysis of steel at low temperature. Journal of Microscopy. vol. 251 (1).
- (2013) Effect of magnesium content and quenching rate on the phase structure and composition of rapidly solidified La2MgNi9 metal hydride battery electrode alloy. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. vol. 555.
- (2013) Hydrogen induced stress cracking in supermartensitic stainless steels - Stress threshold for coarse grained HAZ. Engineering Failure Analysis. vol. 32.
- (2013) The role of retained austenite in hydrogen embrittlement of supermartensitic stainless steel. Engineering Failure Analysis. vol. 34.
- (2013) Non-isothermal kinetics and in situ SR XRD studies of hydrogen desorption from dihydrides of binary Ti-V alloys. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 38 (34).
- (2012) Nanostructured rapidly solidified LaMg11Ni alloy. II. In situ synchrotron X-ray diffraction studies of hydrogen absorption-desorption behaviours. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 37 (7).
- (2012) Formation of precipitates and recrystallization resistance in Al-Sc-Zr alloys. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China. vol. 22 (8).
- (2012) Investigation of the mechanism of cleavage fracture initiation in the intercritically coarse grained heat affected zone of a HSLA steel. Materials Science and Technology.
- (2012) Studies on Shielded Active Gas Forge Welded API 5CT L80 material at different cooling rates. Advanced Materials Research. vol. 409.
- (2012) Nanostructured rapidly solidified LaMg11Ni alloy: Microstructure, crystal structure and hydrogenation properties. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 37 (4).
- (2012) Selective hydrogen absorption from gaseous mixtures by BCC Ti-V alloys. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 37 (5).
- (2012) Microstructure and hydrogen storage properties of as-cast and rapidly solidified Ti-rich Ti-V alloys. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China. vol. 22 (8).
- (2012) Influence of Cr on the hydrogen storage properties of Ti-rich Ti-V-Cr alloys. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 37 (9).