Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Systematic review of the effects of pandemic confinements on body weight and their determinants. British Journal of Nutrition.
- (2021) Association between Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI) and body weight in a population free from cardiovascular disease - The HUNT study. The Lancet Regional Health - Europe.
- (2020) Global incidence and mortality patterns of pedestrian road traffic injuries by sociodemographic index, with forecasting: Findings from the global burden of diseases, injuries, and risk factors 2017 study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). vol. 17 (6).
- (2020) Temporal changes in personal activity intelligence and mortality: Data from the aerobics center longitudinal study. Progress in cardiovascular diseases.
- (2019) Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: Prevalence and all-cause mortality according to sedentary behaviour and cardiorespiratory fitness. The HUNT Study. Progress in cardiovascular diseases. vol. 62 (2).
- (2019) Screen time and metabolic syndrome among expatriate adolescents in the United Arab Emirates. Diabetes & Metabolic syndrome: clinical Research & Reviews. vol. 13 (4).
- (2019) Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI): A new standard in activity tracking for obtaining a healthy cardiorespiratory fitness level and low cardiovascular risk. Progress in cardiovascular diseases. vol. 62 (2).
- (2019) Temporal changes in cardiorespiratory fitness and risk of dementia incidence and mortality: a population-based prospective cohort study. The Lancet Public Health. vol. 4 (11).
- (2019) Circulating microRNAs as predictive biomarkers of myocardial infarction: Evidence from the HUNT study. Atherosclerosis. vol. 289.
- (2019) Predictors of dropout in exercise trials in older adults: The generation 100 study. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 51 (1).
- (2018) Temporal Changes in a Novel Metric of Physical Activity Tracking (Personal Activity Intelligence) and Mortality: The HUNT Study, Norway. Progress in cardiovascular diseases.
- (2018) Personal Activity Intelligence and Mortality in Patients with Cardiovascular Disease: The HUNT Study. Mayo Clinic proceedings. vol. 93 (9).
- (2018) Sustained Physical Activity, Not Weight Loss, Associated With Improved Survival in Coronary Heart Disease. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. vol. 71 (10).
- (2017) Combined Association of Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Body Fatness With Cardiometabolic Risk Factors in Older Norwegian Adults: The Generation 100 Study. Mayo Clinic Proceedings: Innovations, Quality & Outcomes. vol. 1 (1).
- (2017) The Combined Association of Skeletal Muscle Strength and Physical Activity on Mortality in Older Women: The HUNT2 Study. Mayo Clinic proceedings. vol. 92 (5).
- (2017) Interaction of physical activity and body mass index on mortality in coronary heart disease: data from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. American Journal of Medicine. vol. 130 (8).
- (2017) Global Fitness Levels: Findings From a Web-Based Surveillance Report. Progress in cardiovascular diseases. vol. 60 (1).
- (2017) Personalized Activity Intelligence (PAI) for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease and Promotion of Physical Activity. American Journal of Medicine. vol. 130 (3).
- (2017) Cardiorespiratory Reference Data in Older Adults: The Generation 100 Study. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49 (11).
- (2017) Absolute and relative accelerometer thresholds for determining the association between physical activity and metabolic syndrome in the older adults: The Generation-100 study. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 17 (1).