Jens Olgard Dalseth Røyrvik
Background and activities
- SANT1019 - Human, Technology and Dialogue
- SANT3020 - Theoretical Perspectives
- SANT3600 - Cultural Understanding and International Working Relations
- SANT2020 - Anthropology of Technology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) The world as technology: always already conquered. Norsk Antropologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 33 (2).
- (2021) The Significance of Enabling Human Consideration in Policymaking: How to Get the E-Ferry That You Want. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2020) What we talk about when we talk about HSE and culture – A mapping and analysis of the academic discourses. Safety Science. vol. 129.
- (2020) Revurdering av maktbegrepet i teknologiens tidsalder. Tidsskriftet Antropologi.
- (2020) Energy efficiency in Norwegian news media — A glitch in the discourse-as-usual. Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies. vol. 8 (2).
- (2018) Examining the barriers and motivators affecting European decision-makers in the development of smart and green energy technologies. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 198.
- (2017) Johnny was here: From airmanship to airlineship. Applied Ergonomics. vol. 59 (A).
- (2017) A question of power: the politics of kilowatt-hours. Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies. vol. 5 (1).
- (2016) ‘Culture’ as a tool and stumbling block for learning: The function of ‘culture’ in communications from regulatory authorities in the Norwegian petroleum sector. Safety Science. vol. 81.
- (2016) Political frame conditions for energy efficiency: context sensitivity, energy flexibility and the question of scale. Raportti (Tampereen teknillinen yliopisto. Rakennustuotanto ja -talous). vol. 1.
- (2014) Organizing Synergies in Integrated Energy Systems. Energy Procedia. vol. 58.
- (2012) Political rationality and CCS discourse. Energy Procedia. vol. 23.
- (2012) Towards the Gigantic: Entification and Standardization as Technologies of Control. Culture Unbound. Journal of Current Cultural Research. vol. 4.
- (2010) Penguins or sparrows? What we talk about when we talk about migration. Intergraph: Journal of Dialogic Anthropology. vol. 2 (2).
- (2020) ClassroomLab: Classroom Laboratory Reader. 2020. ISBN 978-606-11-7452-2.
- (2004) Glob@lisering: Antropologiske perspektiver Bachelor årboka. 2004. ISBN 82-91782-02-4. Bachelorårboka sos.ant NTNU (1).
- (2003) Bryte Brød: Maten i Kroppen, Vi og de andre. 2003. Bachelorårboka sos.ant NTNU (1).
Part of book/report
- (2021) Paper trails and procedures in child welfare services. A cultural logic in a professional context. Objectification and Standardization On the Limits and Effects of Ritually Fixing and Measuring Life.
- (2021) How waste becomes value: the new ecology of surplus heat exchange in Norwegian industry. Research Handbook of Innovation for a Circular Economy.
- (2019) What’s the magic word? What we talk about when we talk about energy efficiency. eceee 2019 Summer Study on energy efficiency: Is efficienct sufficient?.