Jo Kristen Breivik Forthun
Background and activities
My tasks are more or less as follows:
- Research librarian in biology and chemistry at Natural Science Library
- Administration of journal subscriptions
- Responsibility for purchasing books and book collection
- Classification of books
- Research- and publishing support
- Exhibitions and lunch events at the Science Library
- Courses, teaching and guidance
- EndNote support and reference management
- Master thesis (Cand. Scient.) In Marine Biology (1998)
- Data studies at NVU/HiST (2000)
- Aquaculture technical line at NKI Engineering College (1988)
- Online course in EndNote: https://s.ntnu.no/endnote-course
- Online course in literature searching/retrieval: https://www.ntnu.no/blogger/ub-realfag/2020/09/23/academic-literature/
Upcoming courses: Gløshaugen / Kalvskinnet
- Reference management: https://www.kurspaamelding.no/ntnu-ub/gls-mmarin-kunst33
- Literature search: https://www.kurspaamelding.no/ntnu-ub/litteratursok
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=4ydpV9QAAAAJ
- ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jo_Forthun
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (1999) A population genetic study of haddock (Melanogrammus aeglefinus) in Northeast Atlantic waters based on isozyme data. Sarsia. vol. 84 (2).
- (1997) Genetic variability at isozyme loci in two gadoid species; whiting (Merlangus merlangus L.) and saithe (Pollachius virens L.) from the Norwegian coast. ICES (International Council for the Exploration of the Sea).
- (1997) Description of polymorphisms at tissue enzyme loci in East Atlantic haddock (Melamogrammus aeglefinus L.) : tissue manifestation, electrophoretic conditions and estimates of basic polulation genetic parameters. ICES (International Council for the Exploration of the Sea).
- (1995) Genetic variability at isozyme loci in haddock (melanogrammus aeglefinus) from Norwegian fjord and coastal waters. ICES Committee Meetings. vol. 1995 (C.M.199).
- (1998) Genetisk diversitet hos hyse (Melanogrammus aeglefinus L.) langs norskekysten. 1998.
- (1996) Compendium for BI 315 (Lab. course) - Lab. experiment: Starch gel electrophoresis of fish tissue enzymes. 1996.