Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Mixed Migrations to the Gulf: An Empirical Analysis of Migrations from Unstable and Refugee-producing Countries to the GCC, 1960–2015. Refugee Survey Quarterly. vol. 36 (2).
- (2017) Nexus of armed conflicts and migrations to the Gulf: migrations to the GCC from war-torn source countries in Asia, Africa and the Arab neighbourhood. Middle Eastern Studies.
- (2017) Labour migrations to resource-rich countries: Comparative perspectives on migrants' rights in Canada, Norway and the United Arab Emirates. International Journal on Minority and Group Rights. vol. 24 (2).
- (2016) Unpacking Ethnicity: Exploring the Underlying Mechanisms Linking Ethnic Fractionalization and Civil Conflict. Peace and Conflict: The Journal of Peace Psychology. vol. 22 (4).
- (2016) Democratic peace and the norms of the public: A multilevel analysis of the relationship between regime type and citizens' bellicosity, 1981-2008. Review of International Studies. vol. 42 (5).
- (2016) Moving to the Gulf: an empirical analysis of the patterns and drivers of migration to the GCC countries, 1960–2013. Labor history. vol. 57 (5).
- (2014) Demokratisk fred og (betinget) demokratisk pasifisme: Et teoretisk og empirisk blikk på normativ demokratisk fredsteori. Internasjonal Politikk. vol. 72 (4).
- (2014) The Primacy of Polictics? Bargaining, Politics, and Government Intervention Risk in the International Bauxite and Aluminum Industry, 1950s-1980s. Journal of Risk and Governance. vol. 3 (3).
- (2013) Democrats, Republicans—or Both? An Empirical Analysis of the Effects of the Composition of State Governments on FDI, 1977–2004. International Interactions. vol. 39 (2).
- (2013) Why do poor countries suffer costly conflict? Unpacking per capita income and the onset of civil war. Conflict Management and Peace Science. vol. 30 (2).
- (2012) Fool's gold: major sport events and foreign direct investment. International Journal of Sport Policy.
- (2011) Economic nationalism and FDI: The impact of public opinion on foreign direct investment in emerging markets, 1990-2005. Society and Business Review. vol. 6 (1).
- (2010) Old problems remain, new ones crop up: Political risk in the 21st century. Business Horizons. vol. 53 (5).
- (2010) Birds of a feather flock apart? Testing the critique of the clash of civilizations thesis. Peace, Conflict and Development. vol. 15 (March).
- (2009) Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death! State Repression, Ethnic Grievance and Civil War, 1981-2004. Civil Wars. vol. 11 (2).
- (2009) The Game: A Rational Actor Approach to the U.S.-led Invasion of Iraq, 2003. Strategic Analysis. vol. 33 (5).
- (2009) The Game: A Rational Actor Approach to the US-led Invasion of Iraq, 2003. Strategic Analysis. vol. 33 (5).
- (2007) Roaring Mice and a Frightened Elephant: Why a Missile Defense Might Save the United States from the Evils of Rogue States. World Affairs. vol. 169 (3).
- (2006) Does Democracy Moderate the Obsolescing Bargain Mechanism? An Empirical Analysis, 1983-2001. Transnational Corporations Journal. vol. 15 (3).
- (2006) Do Foreign Investors Punish Democracy? Theory and Empirics. Kyklos (Basel). vol. 59 (3).