Johannes Foss Sigurdson
Background and activities
I' am a senior research librarian and subject specialist in psychology.
I have also taken a PhD in clinical medicine at the Regional Centre for Child and Youth Mental Health and Child Welfare (RKBU Central Norway), a regional centre under the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Cohort profile: The youth and mental health study (YAMHS) - a longitudinal study of the period from adolescence to adulthood. PLOS ONE. vol. 16 (2).
- (2018) Long-term follow-up of a community sample of adolescents with frequent headaches. The Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 19 (1).
- (2017) The longitudinal association of being bullied and gender on suicidal ideations, self-harm and suicide attempts from adolescence to young adulthood: a cohort study. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behaviour. vol. 48 (2).
- (2015) The long-term effects of being bullied or a bully in adolescence on externalizing and internalizing mental health problems in adulthood. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health (CAPMH). vol. 9.
- (2014) Is involvement in school bullying associated with general health and psychosocial adjustment outcomes in adulthood?. International Journal of Child Abuse & Neglect. vol. 38 (10).
- (2013) Transport mode preferences, risk perception and worry in a Norwegian urban population. Accident Analysis and Prevention. vol. 50.
- (2012) Cross-country differences in travel mode use, subjective risk judgement and worry. The 14th conference on Social and Community psychology - Conference abstracts.
Part of book/report
- (2021) Bullying and externalizing problems. The Wiley Blackwell Handbook of Bullying: A Comprehensive and International Review of Research and Intervention.
- (2014) Perception des risques encourus dans les transports. Une étude comparative entre la France et la Norvège. Mobilites et transports durables: des enjeux securitaires et de sante.
- (2019) Long-term effects of bullying and social adaptation in adulthood - Mental health and social adaptation in adulthood. 2019. ISBN 978-82-326-3684-6. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (40).
- (2011) Risk Perception, Worry and Trnasport Mode Preferences in a Norwegian Public. (pp. 31-46). In: T. Rundmo (Ed.). Perception of Transport Risk and Urban Travel Mode Use. 2011. ISBN 978-82-7892-032-9.
- (2011) Travel Mode Use, Transportation Priorities and Risk. (pp. 9-29). In: T. Rundmo (Ed.). Perception of Transport Risk and Urban Travel Mode Use. 2011.
- (2011) Travel Mode Use and Risk Judgements among a Norwegian and French Urban Public. (pp. 47-59). In: T. Rundmo (Ed.). Perception of Transport Risk and Urban Travel Mode Use. 2011. ISBN 978-82-7892-032-9.
- (2008) Sosiale realitetskonstruksjoner av tid – kritisk diskursanalyse av subjektive tidserfaringer i to ulike aldersgrupperinger. 2008.