John Birger Stav
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) How the initial thinking period affects student argumentation during peer instruction: students’ experiences versus observations. Studies in Higher Education. vol. 41 (1).
- (2013) Teaching with student response systems (SRS): teacher-centric aspects that can negatively affect students' experience of using SRS. Research in Learning Technology. vol. 21.
- (2012) EVALUATION OF USE OF STUDENT RESPONSE SYSTEM IN PRE-QUALIFICATION CLASSES FOR ENGINEERING EDUCATION. INTED Proceedings.
- (2012) Investigating Peer Instruction: How the initial voting session affects students’ experiences of group discussion. ISRN Education.
- (2012) STUDENTS EXPERIENCE WITH USE OF RESPONSE TECHNOLOGY ON THEIR SMARTPHONES. INTED Proceedings.
- (2012) EXPERIENCES WITH USE OF ACTIVITY BASED TRAINING IN VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING. INTED Proceedings.
- (2012) The HIST mobile learning initiative. INTED Proceedings.
- (2012) Experiences with use of activity based training methods in language training. INTED Proceedings.
- (2012) DESIGNING AND DEVELOPING PEER LEARNING ASSESSMENT SERVICES FOR SMARTPHONES AND PAD. INTED Proceedings.
- (2011) Activity Based Training Employed in Quality Assurance Training. Scientific Bulletin of the Petru Maior University of Tîrgu-Mures. vol. 8 (1).
- (2011) Open And Innovative Tools And Services For Vocational Education And Training In Quality Assurance. Scientific Bulletin of the Petru Maior University of Tîrgu-Mures. vol. 8 (1).
- (2010) Experiences obtained with integration of Student Response Systems for iPod Touch and iPhone into e-learning environments. Electronic Journal of e-Learning. vol. 8 (2).
- (2009) An Investigation in Image Retrieval for Analysing Welding Defects. International Journal Communications of SIWN. vol. 7.
- (2009) Integrating Mobile Computing Solutions into Distance Learning Environments. International Journal Communications of SIWN. vol. 6.
- (2006) A distributed information system for healthcare Web services. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 3842.
- (2005) LESSONS LEARNT FROM TELECOMMUNICATION PROVIDERS LACKING KNOWLEDGE OF EFFECTIVE TECHNOLOGY ENHANCED DISTANCE EDUCATION SOLUTIONS. ?. vol. Volume 1.
- (2005) STATE OF THE ART METHODS FOR CONSTRUCTING HIGH QUALITY TELECOMMUNICATION SUPPORTED DIGITAL CLASSROOMS. ?. vol. Volume 1.
- (2005) AN ONTOLOGY DRIVEN EUROPEAN KNOWLEDGEBASE APPROACH DEPLOYING REAL TIME TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES INTO DISTANCE LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS. ?. vol. Volume 1.
- (2005) Design of an independent European knowledgebase for deployment of visual communication into distance learning. ?. vol. Volume 1.
- (2004) New Virtual Services Supporting Interactive Distance Learning Environments in Natural Sciences. IADAT Journal of Advanced Technology. vol. Sept..