John Erik Fornæss
Background and activities
John Erik Fornæss (1946) has been a Professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences since 2012, and belongs to the Analysis Research Group.
Professor Fornæss has a Master degree in Mathematics from the University of Oslo, and a PhD in Mathematics from the University of Washington, USA.
He has previously held positions as a Professor at the Princeton University and later, the University of Michigan.
Fellowships and awards
- NSF grants 1974-2015
- Sloan Fellowship 1978
- ICM, Invited speaker, 1982
- Humboldt Fellowship
- Stefan Bergman Prize, 1994
- Member of Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters 2012-
- Member of The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters 2013-
Commissions of trust
- Member, NSF panels
- Member, Journal Editorial Boards
Memberships of scientific societies
- American Mathematical Society
- European Mathematical Society
- Norwegian Mathematical Society
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Dynamics of transcendental Hénon maps-II. Mathematische Annalen.
- (2022) Notes on the Short C<sup>k</sup> ’s. Journal of Geometric Analysis. vol. 32 (4).
- (2021) Dynamics of transcendental hÉnon maps III: Infinite entropy. Journal of Modern Dynamics. vol. 17.
- (2021) Entropy of transcendental entire functions. Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems. vol. 41 (2).
- (2021) Strong localization of invariant metrics. Mathematische Annalen.
- (2021) The boundary rigidity for holomorphic self-maps of some fibered domains. Mathematical Research Letters. vol. 28 (3).
- (2020) Squeezing functions and Cantor sets. Annali della Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa (Classe Scienze), Serie V.
- (2020) Infinite Entropy for Transcendental Entire Functions with an Omitted Value. Acta Mathematica Vietnamica. vol. 45 (1).
- (2020) Weighted L2 Version of Mergelyan and Carleman Approximation. Journal of Geometric Analysis.
- (2020) Weighted-L2 polynomial approximation in C. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society. vol. 373 (2).
- (2020) On the boundary rigidity at strongly pseudoconvex points. Mathematische Zeitschrift. vol. 297.
- (2020) A note on pseudoconvex hypersurfaces of infinite type in Cn. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society. vol. 148 (10).
- (2019) Dynamics of transcendental Henon maps. Mathematische Annalen. vol. 373 (1-2).
- (2019) Weighted-L² polynomial approximation in C. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society. vol. 373 (2).
- (2019) Flat Bundles Over Some Compact Complex Manifolds. Journal of Geometric Analysis.
- (2019) An embedding of the unit ball that does not embed into a Loewner chain. Mathematische Zeitschrift.
- (2019) Weighted approximation in C. Mathematische Zeitschrift.
- (2018) Exposing boundary points of strongly pseudoconvex subvarieties in complex spaces. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society. vol. 146 (6).
- (2018) Comparison of invariant metrics and distances on strongly pseudoconvex domains and worm domains. Mathematische Zeitschrift.
- (2018) Boundary behavior of the Bergman metric. Asian Journal of Mathematics. vol. 22 (2).