Background and activities
John Erik Fornæss (1946) has been a Professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences since 2012, and belongs to the Analysis Research Group.
Professor Fornæss has a Master degree in Mathematics from the University of Oslo, and a PhD in Mathematics from the University of Washington, USA.
He has previously held positions as a Professor at the Princeton University and later, the University of Michigan.
Fellowships and awards
- NSF grants 1974-2015
- Sloan Fellowship 1978
- ICM, Invited speaker, 1982
- Humboldt Fellowship
- Stefan Bergman Prize, 1994
- Member of Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters 2012-
- Member of The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters 2013-
Commissions of trust
- Member, NSF panels
- Member, Journal Editorial Boards
Memberships of scientific societies
- American Mathematical Society
- European Mathematical Society
- Norwegian Mathematical Society
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Weighted approximation in C. Mathematische Zeitschrift.
- (2018) Comparison of invariant metrics and distances on strongly pseudoconvex domains and worm domains. Mathematische Zeitschrift.
- (2018) Exposing boundary points of strongly pseudoconvex subvarieties in complex spaces. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society. vol. 146 (6).
- (2018) Boundary behavior of the Bergman metric. Asian Journal of Mathematics. vol. 22 (2).
- (2018) Estimate of the squeezing function for a class of bounded domains. Mathematische Annalen. vol. 371 (3-4).
- (2018) A Domain with Non-plurisubharmonic Squeezing Function. Journal of Geometric Analysis. vol. 28.
- (2018) A non-strictly pseudoconvex domain for which the squeezing function tends to 1 towards the boundary. Pacific Journal of Mathematics. vol. 297 (1).
- (2017) Complex dynamics with focus on the real part. Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems. vol. 37 (1).
- (2017) A Global Approximation Result by Bert Alan Taylor and the Strong Openness Conjecture in Cn. Journal of Geometric Analysis. vol. 28.
- (2016) A characterization of the ball in Cn. International Journal of Mathematics. vol. 27 (9).
- (2016) On a conjecture by Blocki and Zwonek. Science China Mathematics.
- (2016) Non-autonomous basins with uniform bounds are elliptic. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society. vol. 144 (11).
- (2015) Fatou components with punctured limit sets. Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems. vol. 35 (5).
- (2015) Some problems. Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & statistics. vol. 144.
- (2015) An estimate for the squeezing function and estimates of invariant metrics. Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & statistics. vol. 144.
- (2014) The range of holomorphic maps at boundary points. Mathematische Annalen. vol. 359 (3-4).
- (2014) Formal complex curves in real smooth hypersurfaces. Illinois Journal of Mathematics. vol. 58 (1).
- (2014) Classification of recurrent domains for holomorphic maps on complex projective spaces. Journal of Geometric Analysis. vol. 24 (2).
- (2014) Exposing Points on the Boundary of a Strictly Pseudoconvex or a Locally Convexifiable Domain of Finite 1-Type. Journal of Geometric Analysis. vol. 24 (4).
- (2013) Equilibrium measures in saddle sets of holomorphic maps on P^2. Mathematische Annalen. vol. 356 (4).