Jon Glenn Omholt Gjevestad
Background and activities
Jon Glenn Gjevestad is Adjunct Professor at the Department of Electronics and Telecommunications. He belongs to the research group for Circuit and Radiosystems. He has a MSc in Geodesy and a PhD in Radionavigation, both from NTNU.
- Global Navigation Satelite Systems (GNSS)
- Ambiguity Resolution
- Precise Point Positioning (PPP)
- Inertial Navigation Systems (INS)
- Mathematics and Signal Processing
Recent Work Experience
- 2011- Professor, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Ås, Norway
- 2011- Professor II, NTNU, Dept. of Electronics and Telecommunications
- 1998-2011 Associate Professor, University of Life Sciences, Ås, Norway
- 1995-1998 Assistant Professor, Gjøvik University College, Gjøvik, Norway
- Member of the faculty board for Environmental Sciences and Technology, NMBU
- Member of the appointments committee for scientific staff at IMT
- Member of the teaching committee at IMT (2003-2009)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) A Cost-Effective Global Localization System for Precision Agriculture Tasks in Polytunnels. IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering. vol. 2020-.
- (2020) Autonomous Crop Row Guidance Using Adaptive Multi-ROI in Strawberry Fields. Sensors. vol. 20 (18).
- (2019) High frequency GPS bursts and path-level analysis reveal linear feature tracking by red foxes. Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2019) Online 3D Mapping and Localization System for Agricultural Robots. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 52 (30).
- (2019) A low‐cost and efficient autonomous row‐following robot for food production in polytunnels. Journal of Field Robotics (JFR). vol. 37 (2).
- (2017) Accurate single-tree positions from a harvester: a test of two global satellite-based positioning systems. Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research. vol. 32 (8).
- (2016) Absolute gravity observations in Norway (1993-2014) for glacial isostatic adjustment studies: The influence of gravitational loading effects on secular gravity trends. Journal of Geodynamics. vol. 102.
- (2016) Estimation of scintillation indices: a novel approach based on local kernel regression methods. International Journal of Navigation and Observation. vol. 2016:3582176.
- (2015) Next generation network real-time kinematic interpolation segment to improve the user accuracy. International Journal of Navigation and Observation. vol. 2015.
- (2013) On the Global Navigation Satellite Systems and Relativity. Kart og Plan. vol. 73 (1).
- (2010) Absolute gravity values in Norway. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 64 (2).
- (2010) Results of the European Comparison of Absolute GRavimeters in Walferdange (Luxembourg) of November 2007. International Association of Geodesy Symposia.
- (2010) An Accuracy Assessment of Absolute Gravimetric Observations in Fennoscandia. Nordic Journal of Surveying and Real Estate Research. vol. 7 (1).
- (2008) Performance of GPS precise point positioning under conifer forest canopies. Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing. vol. 74 (5).
- (2007) En forundersøkelse av kombinert GPS, GLONASS og GALILEO for kinematisk presis punktbestemmelse (PPP). Kart og Plan. vol. 100 (nr. 2 2007).
- (2006) Some properties of decorrelation techniques in the ambiguity space. GPS Solutions. vol. 10 (1).
- (2005) A software-based GNSS simulator for research and education. Kart og Plan.
- (2005) A Multi-Base-Station Approach for Long Range Differential GNSS Positioning of Airborne Sensors. International Association of Geodesy Symposia. vol. 128.
- (2005) The tide analysed by wavelets and classical fourier methods. Kart og Plan. vol. 65 (3).
- (2005) Observing Fennoscandian geoid change for GRACE validation. Advances in Geosciences.