Jon Olav Drogset
Background and activities
Head of Bone and Joint Institute.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) No effect of graft size or body mass index on risk of revision after ACL reconstruction using hamstrings autograft. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy.
- (2019) Autologous BPTB ACL Reconstruction Results in Lower Failure Rates Than ACL Repair with and without Synthetic Augmentation at 30 Years of Follow-up. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American volume. vol. 101 (23).
- (2019) The novel arthroscopic subscapular sling procedure grants better stability than an arthroscopic Bankart repair in a cadaveric study. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy.
- (2018) Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Using a Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft With and Without a Ligament Augmentation Device: A 25-Year Follow-up of a Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial. Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine (OJSM). vol. 20 (6).
- (2018) Comparison of compressive stress-relaxation behavior in osteoarthritic (ICRS graded) human articular cartilage. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 19 (2).
- (2017) Physical examination tests of the shoulder: A systematic review and meta-analysis of diagnostic test performance. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 18:41.
- (2017) Graft fixation influences revision risk after ACL reconstruction with hamstring tendon autografts : A study of 38,666 patients from the Scandinavian knee ligament registries 2004–2011. Acta Orthopaedica. vol. 89 (2).
- (2016) A randomized multicenter trial comparing autologous chondrocyte implantation with microfracture: Long-Term Follow-up at 14 to 15 Years. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American volume. vol. 98 (16).
- (2016) Surfing injuries in arctic waters. The Open Sports Sciences Journal. vol. 9.
- (2015) Optical investigation of osteoarthritic human cartilage (ICRS grade) by confocal Raman spectroscopy: a pilot study. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. vol. 407 (26).
- (2015) Nonlinear optical microscopy of early stage (ICRS Grade-I) osteoarthritic human cartilage. Biomedical Optics Express. vol. 6 (5).
- (2015) Polarization second harmonic generation microscopy provides quantitative enhanced molecular specificity for tissue diagnostics. Journal of Biophotonics. vol. 8 (9).
- (2015) Single Cell Confocal Raman Spectroscopy of Human Osteoarthritic Chondrocytes: A Preliminary Study. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 16 (5).
- (2014) ACL grafts and revision rates. A study based on 45 998 primary ACL reconstructions in Scandinavia. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy. vol. 22.
- (2014) Femoral fixation of hamstring tendon grafts in ACL reconstructions: The 2-year follow-up results of a prospective randomized controlled study. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy. vol. 22 (9).
- (2014) Lower risk of revision with patellar tendon autografts compared with hamstring autografts: A registry study based on 45,998 primary ACL Reconstructions in Scandinavia. American Journal of Sports Medicine. vol. 42 (10).
- (2014) All-inside suture device is superior to meniscal arrows in meniscal repair: a prospective randomized multicenter clinical trial with 2-year follow-up. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy. vol. 23 (1).
- (2014) Analysis of human knee osteoarthritic cartilage using polarization sensitive second harmonic generation microscopy. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 9129.
- (2014) Matrix-applied characterized autologous cultured chondrocytes versus microfracture: Two-year follow-up of a prospective randomized trial. American Journal of Sports Medicine. vol. 42 (6).
- (2013) Inferior results after revision ACL reconstructions: a comparison with primary ACL reconstructions. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy. vol. 21 (9).