Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) TLR8 and complement C5 induce cytokine release and thrombin activation in human whole blood challenged with Gram-positive bacteria. Journal of Leukocyte Biology. vol. 107 (4).
- (2019) Human Toll-like receptor 8 (TLR8) is an important sensor of pyogenic bacteria, and is attenuated by cell surface TLR signaling. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 10:1209 (May).
- (2019) Phagocytosis of live and dead Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus in human whole blood is markedly reduced by combined inhibition of C5aR1 and CD14. Molecular Immunology. vol. 112.
- (2018) Iron oxide nanoparticles enhance Toll-like receptor-induced cytokines in a particle size- and actin-dependent manner in human blood. Nanomedicine. vol. 13 (14).
- (2017) Surface Toll-Like Receptor 3 Expression in Metastatic Intestinal Epithelial Cells induces Selective Cytokine Production and Promotes Invasiveness. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 292 (37).
- (2017) Toll-Like Receptor 8 Is a Major Sensor of Group B Streptococcus But Not Escherichia coli in Human Primary Monocytes and Macrophages. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 8.
- (2017) Iron oxide nanoparticles induce cytokine secretion in a complement-dependent manner in a human whole blood model. International Journal of Nanomedicine. vol. 12.
- (2016) Iron oxide nanoparticles modulate lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory responses in primary human monocytes. International Journal of Nanomedicine. vol. 11.
- (2015) Keap1 regulates inflammatory signaling in Mycobacterium avium-infected human macrophages. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 112 (31).
- (2015) TLR8 senses Staphylococcus aureus RNA in human primary monocytes and macrophages and induces IFN-β production via a TAK1-IKKβ-IRF5 signaling pathway. Journal of Immunology. vol. 195 (3).
- (2015) A role for the adaptor proteins TRAM and TRIF in toll-like receptor 2 signaling. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 290 (6).
- (2012) Differential Effect of Inhibiting MD-2 and CD14 on LPS- Versus Whole E. coli Bacteria-Induced Cytokine Responses in Human Blood. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. vol. 946.
- (2012) Phagocytosis of Escherichia coli in human whole blood: Early complement dependency is succeeded by late CD14 dependency over time. Immunobiology. vol. 217 (11).
- (2012) Oligodeoxynucleotides inhibit Toll-like receptor 3 mediated cytotoxicity and CXCL8 release in keratinocytes. Experimental Dermatology. vol. 21 (1).
- (2012) Alginates induce differentiation and expression of CXCR7 and CXCL12/SDF-1 in human keratinocytes - the role of calcium. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part A. vol. 100A (10).
- (2010) Differential effect of inhibiting MD-2 and CD14 on LPS- versus whole E. coli bacteria-induced cytokine responses in human blood. Molecular Immunology. vol. 47 (13).
- (2010) TLR3 mediated cytotoxicity in keratinocytes is inhibited by co-stimulation with oligodeoxynucleotides. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. vol. 130.
- (2010) The Rab11a GTPase Controls Toll-like Receptor 4-Induced Activation of Interferon Regulatory Factor-3 on Phagosomes. Immunity. vol. 33 (4).
- (2010) Non-healing is associated with persistent stimulation of the innate immune response in chronic venous leg ulcers. Journal of dermatological science (Amsterdam). vol. 59 (2).
- (2010) Meconium-induced release of cytokines is mediated by the TRL4/MD-2 complex in a CD14-dependent manner. Molecular Immunology. vol. 47 (6).