Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Aerobic interval training in standard treatment of out-patients with schizophrenia - a randomized controlled trial. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica. vol. 140 (6).
- (2019) A comprehensive cardiovascular disease risk profile in patients with schizophrenia. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 29 (4).
- (2019) Is there an association between cardiorespiratory fitness and stage of illness in psychotic disorders? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica.
- (2019) Patients with schizophrenia have impaired muscle force-generating capacity and functional performance. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 29 (12).
- (2019) Predictive validity of objective measures of physical fitness for the new onset of mental disorders in adolescents and young adults. Early Intervention in Psychiatry.
- (2018) Maximal strength training improves musculoskeletal health in amphetamine users in clinical treatment. Osteoporosis International. vol. 29 (10).
- (2017) Cardiovascular Disease Risk Profile in Patients with Schizophrenia. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49.
- (2017) Strength Training In Patients With Schizophrenia: Effects On Muscle Force Generating Capacity. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49.
- (2014) High aerobic intensity training and psychological states in patients with depression or schizophrenia. Frontiers in Psychiatry. vol. 5.
- (2014) Differences in aerobic fitness between inpatients and outpatients with severe mental disorders. Frontiers in Psychiatry. vol. 5.
- (2013) Maximal strength training improves work economy, rate of force development and maximal strength more than conventional strength training. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 113 (6).
- (2012) Therapeutic effects of maximal strength training on walking efficiency in patients with schizophrenia - a pilot study. BMC Research Notes. vol. 5.
- (2011) Reduced peak oxygen uptake and implications for cardiovascular health and quality of life in patients with schizophrenia. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 11 (December).
- (2011) Effects of high aerobic intensity training in patients with schizophrenia-A controlled trial. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 65 (4).
- (2008) Treatment effects from aerobic endurance training in patients suffering from Schizophrenia. 38th EABCT Annual Congress - Abstracts.