Background and activities
The topic of my Phd trajectory is "Development of test concepts and determinants of performance in Paralympic sitting sports".
The following four studies are part of this PhD and are currently in the planning phase:
1. Peak aerobic capacity within and between Paralympic Sitting Sports - A systematic literature review (Study 1)
2. Laboratory-based determinants of performance in Paralympic sitting sports
a. Competition analysis and laboratory determinants of race performance in world-class cross-country sit skiers (Study 2)
b. Laboratory determinants of repeated sprint and technique ability in world-class ice sledge hockey players (Study 3)
3. The effect of disability on physiological responses and performance in Paralympic sitting athletes (Study 4)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Effects of upper-body sprint-interval training on strength and endurance capacities in female cross-country skiers. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (2).
- (2016) Laboratory determinants of repeated-sprint and sport-specific-technique ability in world-class ice sledge hockey players. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance. vol. 11 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2016) Comparison of the test-retest reliability of physiological parameters during closed-end and incremental upper-body poling tests. International congress on science and skiing - Book of Abstracts.
- (2016) Determination of the second lactate threshold in Norwegian ice sledge hockey players during upper-body poling. International congress on science and skiing - Book of Abstracts.
- (2016) Gender differences in rate of perceived exertion at the first and second lactate threshold during roller skiing. International congress on science and skiing - Book of Abstracts.
- (2015) Efficiency during submaximal poling in elite ice sledge hockey players and able-bodied cross-country skiers. 20th annual Congress of the EUROPEAN COLLEGE OF SPORT SCIENCE 24th - 27th June 2015, Malmö – Sweden BOOK OF ABSTRACTS.