Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Body Iron Stores and the Gender Gap in Risk of Incident Myocardial Infarction-Reply. JAMA Internal Medicine. vol. 177 (4).
- (2017) Data on gender contrasts in the risk of incident myocardial infarction by age. The Tromsø Study 1979-2012. Data in Brief. vol. 13.
- (2017) Risk of incident myocardial infarction by gender: Interactions with serum lipids, blood pressure and smoking. The Tromsø Study 1979-2012. Atherosclerosis. vol. 261.
- (2017) Percutaneous coronary intervention as a trigger for stroke. American Journal of Cardiology. vol. 119 (1).
- (2016) Lifelong gender gap in risk of incident myocardial infarction: The Tromsø study. JAMA Internal Medicine. vol. 176 (11).
- (2016) Drug-Eluting or Bare-Metal Stents for Coronary Artery Disease. New England Journal of Medicine. vol. 375 (13).
- (2016) Interrater reliability of a national acute myocardial infarction register. Clinical Epidemiology. vol. 8.
- (2016) Validation of self-reported and hospital-diagnosed atrial fibrillation: The HUNT study. Clinical Epidemiology. vol. 8.
- (2016) Trends in modifiable risk factors are associated with declining incidence of hospitalized and nonhospitalized acute coronary heart disease in a population. Circulation. vol. 133 (1).
- (2016) Comparison of the validity of stroke diagnoses in a medical quality register and an administrative health register. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 44 (2).
- (2015) Longitudinal and secular trends in blood pressure among women and men in birth cohorts born between 1905 and 1977. The Tromsø Study 1979-2008. Hypertension. vol. 66 (3).
- (2015) Elevated plasma dimethylglycine is a risk marker of mortality in patients with coronary heart disease. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology. vol. 22 (6).
- (2015) Inter-rater reliability of a national acute stroke register. BMC Research Notes. vol. 8:584.
- (2015) Cardiovascular health and the modifiable burden of incident myocardial infarction: The Tromsø Study. BMC Public Health. vol. 15 (1).
- (2015) Clinically significant novel biomarkers for prediction of first ever myocardial infarction: The Tromsø Study. Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics. vol. 8 (2).
- (2013) Seasonal variation in cardiovascular disease risk factors in a subarctic population: the Tromsø Study 1979-2008. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. vol. 67 (2).
- (2013) Effects of folic acid supplementation on overall and site-specific cancer incidence during the randomised trials: meta-analyses of data on 50 000 individuals. The Lancet. vol. 381 (9871).
- (2012) The effect of daily weather conditions on myocardial infarction incidence in a subarctic population: the Tromso Study 1974-2004. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. vol. 66 (9).
- (2012) Age and gender differences in incidence and case fatality trends for myocardial infarction: a 30-year follow-up. The Tromso Study. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology. vol. 19 (5).
- (2011) Determinants of cardiac vagal regulation: A cross-sectional study in a general population. Autonomic Neuroscience: Basic & Clinical. vol. 162 (1-2).