Astrid Kamilla Stunes
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Do patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease exhibit compromised bone quality prior to proton pump inhibitor therapy?. Bone Reports. vol. 14:101095.
- (2021) Evidence of impaired bone quality in men with type 1 diabetes: A cross-sectional study. Endocrine Connections. vol. 10 (8).
- (2021) Maximal strength training-induced increase in efferent neural drive is not reflected in relative protein expression of SERCA. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 121 (12).
- (2020) Gastric Corpus Mucosal Hyperplasia and Neuroendocrine Cell Hyperplasia, but not Spasmolytic Polypeptide-Expressing Metaplasia, Is Prevented by a Gastrin Receptor Antagonist in H+/K+ATPase Beta Subunit Knockout Mice. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 21 (3).
- (2020) MCP-1 is increased in patients with CFS and FM, whilst several other immune markers are significantly lower than healthy controls. Brain, Behavior, & Immunity - Health. vol. 4.
- (2020) Vitamin D and stress urinary incontinence in pregnancy: a cross-sectional study. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- (2019) Maternal serum retinol, 25(OH)D and 1,25(OH)2D concentrations during pregnancy and peak bone mass and trabecular bone score in adult offspring at 26-year follow-up. PLOS ONE. vol. 14:e0222712 (9).
- (2019) Associations between maternal vitamin D status in second and third trimester of pregnancy and offspring enamel hypomineralisation at 7-9 years: a longitudinal study. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. vol. 28.
- (2019) The effect of an exercise program in pregnancy on vitamin D status among healthy, pregnant Norwegian women: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. vol. 19:76.
- (2019) Smoking and other determinants of bone turnover. PLOS ONE. vol. 14:e0225539 (11).
- (2019) Effects of vitamin D supplementation on bone turnover markers and other bone-related substances in subjects with vitamin D deficiency. Bone. vol. 124.
- (2019) Cytokines in Relation to Motor Activity in an Acute Psychiatric Population. Frontiers in Psychiatry. vol. 10.
- (2019) Cytokines in agitated and non-agitated patients admitted to an acute psychiatric department: A cross-sectional study. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (9).
- (2019) Skeletal effects of plyometric exercise and metformin in ovariectomized rats. Bone.
- (2018) Metabolic outcomes in adults born preterm with very low birthweight or small for gestational age at term: A cohort study. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism (JCEM). vol. 103 (12).
- (2018) Alterations in the Vitamin D endocrine system during pregnancy: A longitudinal study of 855 healthy Norwegian women. PLOS ONE. vol. 13:e0195041 (4).
- (2018) Adiponectin reduces bone stiffness; verified in a 3D artificial human bone model in vitro. Frontiers in Endocrinology. vol. 9:236.
- (2018) Maximal strength training improves musculoskeletal health in amphetamine users in clinical treatment. Osteoporosis International. vol. 29 (10).
- (2017) Peak bone mass and bone microarchitecture in adults born with low birth weight preterm or at term: A cohort study. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism (JCEM). vol. 102 (7).
- (2017) Adiponectin prevents orthodontic tooth movement in rats. Archives of Oral Biology. vol. 83.