Karen Byskov Lindberg
Background and activities
Adjunct Associate Professor in energy system analysis.
Research interests are: Load profiles, Cost-Optimal investments and operation of buildings and neighbourhoods, Optimization, Statistics, Energy efficiency, Integration of local renewables and storage, National energy system analysis, Power Market, Regulatory aspects.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Implementing flexibility into energy planning models : Soft-linking of a high- level energy planning model and a short-term operational model. Applied Energy. vol. 260 (114292).
- (2020) Impact of emerging technologies on the electricity load profile of residential areas. Energy and Buildings. vol. 208 (109614).
- (2019) Evaluation Method for the Hourly Average CO2eq. Intensity of the Electricity Mix and Its Application to the Demand Response of Residential Heating. Energies. vol. 12 (7).
- (2019) Modelling electric and heat load profiles of non-residential buildings for use in long-term aggregate load forecasts. Utilities Policy. vol. 58.
- (2019) Long-term electricity load forecasting: Current and future trends. Utilities Policy. vol. 58.
- (2018) Characterizing the energy flexibility of buildings and districts. Applied Energy. vol. 225.
- (2017) Corrigendum to “Impact of PV and variable prices on optimal system sizing for heat pumps and thermal storage” [J. Energy Build. 128 (2016) 723–733]10.1016/j.enbuild.2016.07.008). Energy and Buildings. vol. 152.
- (2017) The impact of Zero Energy Buildings on the Scandinavian energy system. Energy. vol. 118.
- (2016) Impact of PV and variable prices on optimal system sizing for heat pumps and thermal storage. Energy and Buildings. vol. 128.
- (2016) Methodology for optimal energy system design of Zero Energy Buildings using mixed-integer linear programming. Energy and Buildings. vol. 127.
- (2016) Large scale introduction of Zero Energy Buildings in the Nordic power system. International Conference on the European Energy Market. vol. 2016-July.
- (2016) Cost-optimal energy system design in Zero Energy Buildings with resulting grid impact: A case study of a German multi-family house. Energy and Buildings. vol. 127.
- (2014) Implications of Weighting Factors on Technology Preference in Net Zero Energy Buildings. Energy and Buildings. vol. 82.
- (2013) Analysis of the EU renewable energy directive by a techno-economic optimisation model. Energy Policy. vol. 60 (Sept).
- (2013) A Norwegian Zero Emission Building Definition. Proceeding of Passivhus Norden 2013, the 6th Passive House Conference in the Nordic Countries.
Part of book/report
- (2018) Towards Zero Emission Neighbourhoods: Implications for the Power System. 2018 15th International Conference on the European Energy Market - EEM.
- (2016) Zero Village Bergen: Mismatch Between Aggregated PV Generation and Electric Load in a New Zero Emissions Neighbourhood in Nordic Climate. CLIMA 2016 - Proceedings of the 12th REHVA World Congress.
- (2015) Hourly Electricity Load Modelling of non-residential Passive Buildings in a Nordic Climate. PowerTech Eindhoven 2015.
- (2014) Optimal investments in Zero Carbon Buildings. 1st International Conference on Zero Carbon Buildings Today and in the Future.
- (2013) Hourly load modeling of non-residential builing stock. 2013 IEEE Grenoble PowerTech.
- (2013) Method for development and segmentation of load profiles for different final customers and appliances. ECEEE 2013 Summer Study on energy efficiency : Rethink, new start : Proceedings.
- (2017) Impact of Zero Energy Buildings on the Power System. 2017. ISBN 978-82-326-2144-6. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (1).
- (2020) Røverkollen borettslag har løst lade-problematikken. Teknisk ukeblad [Internett]. 2020-01-24.
- (2019) Selection of key performance indicators (KPIs) in the transition towards low-carbon urban communities. eceee Summer Study 2019 ; 2019-06-03 - 2019-06-08.
- (2019) Heat analysis for energy management in neighbourhoods: Case study of a large housing cooperative in Norway. IAQVEC 2019 ; Bari. 2019-09-05 - 2019-09-07.
- (2019) Analysing electricity demand in neighbourhoods with electricity generation from solar power systems: A case study of a large housing cooperative in Norway. Nordic ZEB 2019 ; Trondheim. 2019-11-06 - 2019-11-07.
- (2018) A generic methodology to evaluate hourly average CO2eq. intensities of the electricity mix to deploy the energy flexibility potential of Norwegian buildings. 10th International Conference on System Simulation in Buildings . Thermodynamics Laboratory & BEMS University of Liege; Liege. 2018-12-10 - 2018-12-12.
- (2018) Perspektiver om energiløsninger i bygg. Plusskunder – effekt, tilknytnings- og rammevilkår . Energi Norge; Oslo. 2018-10-24 - 2018-10-24.
- (2016) Large scale introduction of Zero Energy Buildings in the Nordic Power System. 13th International Conference on the European Energy Market . INESC TEC; Faculty of Engineering of University of Porto, FEUP. 2016-06-06 - 2016-06-09.
- (2015) Hourly Electricity Load Modelling of non-residential Passive Buildings in a Nordic Climate. IEEE PowerTech Eindhoven 2015 ; Eindhoven. 2015-06-29 - 2015-07-02.