Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) The magnetization of the ocean floor: stress and fracturing of titanomagnetite particles by low-temperature oxidation. Geophysical Journal International. vol. 221 (3).
- (2020) Hysteresis of Natural Magnetite Ensembles: Micromagnetics of Silicate‐Hosted Magnetite Inclusions Based on Focused‐Ion‐Beam Nanotomography. Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems. vol. 21 (11).
- (2020) Separating geometry- from stress-induced remanent magnetization in magnetite with ilmenite lamellae from the Stardalur basalts, Iceland. Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems. vol. 21 (2).
- (2019) Cadmium enrichment in topsoil: Separating diffuse contamination from biosphere-circulation signals. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 651.
- (2019) A Bayesian iterative geomagnetic model with universal data input: Self-consistent spherical harmonic evolution for the geomagnetic field over the last 4000 years. Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors. vol. 290.
- (2019) A uniqueness theorem for tomography-assisted potential-field inversion. Geophysical Journal International. vol. 216 (2).
- (2019) Mean-field modelling of magnetic nanoparticles: The effect of particle size and shape on the Curie temperature. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 99 (17).
- (2019) The large-scale distribution of Cu and Zn in sub- and topsoil: Separating topsoil bioaccumulation and natural matrix effects from diffuse and regional contamination. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 655.
- (2018) Impact of an iron mine and a nickel smelter at the Norwegian/Russian border close to the Barents Sea on soil magnetic susceptibility and content of potentially toxic elements. Chemosphere. vol. 195.
- (2018) Spherical magnetic field gradients and lithospheric magnetization (Part 1): Finite difference calculation and depth sensitivity to lithospheric magnetization. Geophysical Journal International. vol. 215 (3).
- (2018) Energy barriers in three-dimensional micromagnetic models and the physics of thermoviscous magnetization. Geophysical Journal International. vol. 215 (1).
- (2018) The oldest magnetic record in our solar system identified using nanometric imaging and numerical modeling. Nature Communications. vol. 9:1173 (1).
- (2018) The magnetic structure and palaeomagnetic recording fidelity of sub-micron greigite (Fe3S4). Earth and Planetary Science Letters. vol. 483.
- (2017) Geochemical characterisation of northern Norwegian fjord surface sediments: A baseline for further paleo-environmental investigations. Continental Shelf Research. vol. 148.
- (2017) Sea-ice dynamics in an Arctic coastal polynya during the past 6500 years. Arktos. vol. 3 (1).
- (2016) Lamellar Magnetism and Exchange Bias in Billion-year-old Titanohematite with Nanoscale Ilmenite Exsolution Lamellae: I. Mineral and Magnetic Characterization. Geophysical Journal International. vol. 206 (1).
- (2016) Remanent magnetization, magnetic coupling and interface ionic configurations of intergrown rhombohedral and cubic Fe-Ti oxides: a short survey. American Mineralogist. vol. 101 (3).
- (2016) Forward modeling magnetic fields of induced and remanent magnetization in the lithosphere using tesseroids. Computers & Geosciences. vol. 96.
- (2016) Nonlinear Preisach maps: Detecting and characterizing separate remanent magnetic fractions in complex natural samples. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Solid Earth. vol. 121 (12).
- (2016) Physical interpretation of isothermal remanent magnetization endmembers: New insights into the environmental history of Lake Hovsgul, Mongolia. Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems. vol. 17 (11).