Background and activities
MD and researcher on sleep, motor activity patterns and bipolar disorder. Interested in understanding sleep disturbance, sleep stages and circadian rhythms in this group of patients.
Medical doctor's degree 2012 from the University of Copenhagen.
As of September 2012: PhD candidate at the psychiatric department of St. Olavs university hospital and the Institute of Neuroscience, NTNU.
As of August 2016: Post doctoral candidate at NTNU.
Working on a study called SLEEP-BP - an investigation of sleep disturbance, sleep architecture and circadian rhythms in people with bipolar disorder. A randomized controlled trial on the effect of cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I) for people with bipolar disorder and comorbid insomnia is also part of SLEEP-BP.
Visit www.ntnu.no/sleep-bp for more information
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A pilot study to determine whether combinations of objectively measured activity parameters can be used to differentiate between mixed states, mania, and bipolar depression. International journal of bipolar disorders. vol. 5 (5).
- (2016) Mood and motor activity in euthymic bipolar disorder with sleep disturbance. Journal of Affective Disorders. vol. 202.
- (2015) Actigraphically assessed activity in unipolar depression: A comparison of inpatients with and without motor retardation. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. vol. 76 (9).
- (2015) Actigraphy can identify differences in motor activity in acute episodes of mood disorders. Bipolar Disorders. vol. 17.
- (2015) Sleep problems in euthymic bipolar disorders: A review of clinical studies. Current Psychiatry Reviews. vol. 11 (4).
- (2014) Actigraphic assessment of motor activity in acutely admitted inpatients with bipolar disorder. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (2).
- (2014) Cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia in euthymic bipolar disorder: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. vol. 15 (24).
- (2013) Sleep architecture in euthymic bipolar disorder and comorbid insomnia. Bipolar Disorders. vol. 15.
- (2013) Cognitive behavioral theapy for insomnia in euthymic bipolar disorder: a randomized controlled trial. Bipolar Disorders. vol. 15.
- (2011) Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in Danish psychiatric outpatients treated with antipsychotics. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 65 (5).
- (2008) Variation in the purinergic P2RX(7) receptor gene and schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research. vol. 104.
- (2016) ACTIGRAPHY IN AFFECTIVE DISORDERS. 2016.