Kasper Emil Thorvaldsen
Background and activities
PhD Student and part of two Research Centres: FME CINELDI and FME ZEN.
My focus area lies within flexibility potential in buildings and the future smart distributional grid. Current work goes towards analyzing how one can represent long-term impact of building scheduling in correspondance to for instance long-term price-signals.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2022) Long-term Value of Flexibility from Flexible Assets in Building Operation. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems. vol. 138.
- (2021) Impact of shared battery energy storage system on total system costs and power peak reduction in commercial buildings. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 2042.
- (2021) A stochastic operational planning model for a zero emission building with emission compensation. Applied Energy. vol. 302.
Part of book/report
- (2020) Representing Long-term Impact of Residential Building Energy Management using Stochastic Dynamic Programming. 2020 International Conference on Probabilistic Methods Applied to Power Systems - PMAPS.
- (2020) Innovasjonsrapport 2020. Forskningssenteret for nullutslippsområder i smarte byer (FME ZEN). SINTEF akademisk forlag. 2020. ZEN Report (28).