Kenneth Dahl Knudsen
Background and activities
Soft condensed matter
Polymers / biopolymers
Neutron- and x-ray methods
MSc in applied physics from NTNU in 1985 and PhD in biophysics from NTNU in 1990, followed by postdoctoral appointments at NTNU, Univ. of Murcia and ESRF-Grenoble. Research Scientist in the Physics Department of Institute for Energy Technology (IFE) in 1999, and senior scientist at IFE from 2004. Adjunct professor at NTNU from 2005. Member Steering group Nordic Neutron Science Program 2017-2020, Chairman of the Norwegian Neutron Scattering Association 2004-2015, Member Science Advisory Committee for the European Spallation Source (ESS) 2010-2015, CAS Fellow at the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters 2011, Member Steering Committee for the Swiss-Norwegian beamlines (SNBL) in Grenoble, France 2002-2012.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Tunable viscoelastic features of aqueous mixtures of thermosensitive ethyl(hydroxyethyl)cellulose and cellulose nanowhiskers. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. vol. 590.
- (2020) CO2 Capture by Nickel Hydroxide Interstratified in the Nanolayered Space of a Synthetic Clay Mineral. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 124 (48).
- (2020) Interactions between Asphaltenes and a Model Demulsifier in Bulk and at an Interface Studied by Small-Angle Neutron Scattering (SANS) and Neutron Reflectometry. Energy & Fuels. vol. 34 (6).
- (2020) Spherical Micelles with Nonspherical Cores: Effect of Chain Packing on the Micellar Shape. Macromolecules. vol. 53 (23).
- (2020) From Single-Core Nanoparticles in Ferrofluids to Multi-Core Magnetic Nanocomposites: Assembly Strategies, Structure, and Magnetic Behavior. Nanomaterials. vol. 10 (11).
- (2020) Spontaneous formation of an ordered interstratification upon Ni-exchange of Na-fluorohectorite. Applied Clay Science. vol. 198.
- (2020) The Impact of Thermal History on Water Adsorption in a Synthetic Nanolayered Silicate with Intercalated Li+ or Na+. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 124 (45).
- (2020) Unmodified Clay Nanosheets at the Air-Water Interface. Langmuir. vol. 37 (1).
- (2020) How detergents dissolve polymeric micelles: Kinetic pathways of hybrid micelle formation in SDS and block copolymer mixtures. Langmuir. vol. 36 (43).
- (2020) Photonic composite materials from cellulose nanorods and clay nanolayers. The European Physical Journal Special Topics. vol. 229.
- (2020) Antitubercular nanocarrier monotherapy: Study of In Vivo efficacy and pharmacokinetics for rifampicin. Journal of Controlled Release. vol. 321.
- (2019) Differences in self‐assembly features of thermoresponsive anionic triblock copolymers synthesized via one‐pot or two‐pot by atom transfer radical polymerization. Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Physics. vol. 57 (9).
- (2019) Influence of poly(ε-caprolactone) end-groups on the temperature-induced macroscopic gelation of Pluronic in aqueous media. European Polymer Journal. vol. 112.
- (2019) Self-assembly and nanostructure of poly(vinyl alcohol)-graft-poly(methyl methacrylate) amphiphilic nanoparticles. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. vol. 553.
- (2019) Silicon Nanoparticle Ensembles for Lithium-Ion Batteries Elucidated by Small-Angle Neutron Scattering. ACS Applied Energy Materials. vol. 2 (5).
- (2019) Poly(2-isopropyl-2-oxazoline)-b-poly(lactide) (PiPOx-b-PLA) Nanoparticles in Water: Interblock van der Waals Attraction Opposes Amphiphilic Phase Separation. Macromolecules. vol. 52 (3).
- (2019) Chitosan-graft-poly(methyl methacrylate) amphiphilic nanoparticles: Self-association and physicochemical characterization. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 212.
- (2018) A nano-silicate material with exceptional capacity for CO2 capture and storage at room temperature. Scientific Reports. vol. 8 (1).
- (2018) Application of a two-phase thermosyphon loop calculation method to a cold neutron source. Cryogenics (Guildford). vol. 97 (January).
- (2018) Effect of PEGylation on the stability of thermoresponsive nanogels. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. vol. 524.