Kjartan Wøllo Egeberg
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Highly variable effect of sonication to dislodge biofilm-embedded Staphylococcus epidermidis directly quantified by epifluorescence microscopy: an in vitro model study. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research. vol. 15:522.
- (2015) CD14, TLR4 and TRAM Show Different Trafficking Dynamics During LPS Stimulation. Traffic : the International Journal of Intracellular Transport. vol. 16 (7).
- (2012) Marked over expression of uncoupling protein-2 in beta cells exerts minor effects on mitochondrial metabolism. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. vol. 423 (2).
- (2008) Overexpression and involvement in migration by the metastasis-associated phosphatase PRL-3 in human myeloma cells. Blood. vol. 111.
- (2008) Overexpression and involvement in migration by the metastasis-associated phosphatase PRL-3 in human myeloma cells. Blood. vol. 111 (2).
- (2007) Moderate over expression of UCP-2 in beta cells reduces ROS formation and protects against H2O2-but not cytokine-induced toxicity and aggravates toxicity due to NO. Diabetologia. vol. 50.
- (2006) Closely related colon cancer cell lines display different sensitivity to polyunsaturated fatty acids, accumulate different lipid classes and downregulate sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1. The FEBS Journal. vol. 273.
- (2004) Heating of indoor dust causes reduction in its ability to stimulate release of IL-8 and TNF alpha in vitro compared to non-heated dust. Indoor Air: International Journal of Indoor Environment and Health. vol. 14.
- (2003) Interleukin-1 beta swiftly down-regulates UCP-2 mRNA in beta-cells by mechanisms not directly coupled to toxicity. Cytokine. vol. 23.
- (2003) Reduction of IL-12 p40 production in activated monocytes after exposure to diesel exhaust particles. International Archives of Allergy and Immunology. vol. 131.
- (2002) Induction of UCP-2 mRNA in beta cells is stimulated by oxidation of fatty acids but not by nutrient oversupply. Endocrinology. vol. 143.
- (2001) Uncoupling protein 2 participates in cellular defense against oxidative stress in clonal beta cells. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. vol. 282.
- (1999) LPS-mediated production of IL-1, PGE2 and PDF-alpha from term decidua involves TNF and TNF receptor p55. Journal of Reproductive Immunology. vol. 45.
- (1999) The role of IL-2 in regulating the sensitivity of NK cells for Fas-mediated apoptosis. Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy. vol. 48.
- (1999) Regulation of Apo-2 Ligand/Trail expression in NK cells - Involvement in NK cell mediated cytotoxicity. Cytokine. vol. 11 (9).
- (1999) Regulation of APO-2 ligand /Trail expression in NK cells - involvement in NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity. Cytokine. vol. 11 (9).
- (1998) Regulation of Apo-2 Ligand/TRAIL expression in NK cells - Involvement in NK cell mediated cytotoxicity. Journal of Interferon and Cytokine Research. vol. 18 (5).
- (1997) Regulation of Fas and Fas-Ligand expression in NK cells by cytokines and the involvement of Fas-Ligand in NK/LAK cell-mediated cytotoxicity. Cytokine. vol. 9.