Knut A. Mork
Background and activities
PhD Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) 1977
Research Associate, MIT Energy Lab, 1977-81
Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Arizona, 1981-83
Associate Professor, Vanderbilt University, Owen Graduate School of Management, 1983-90
Senior Research Associate, SNF, 1990-92
Professor, BI Norwegian Business School, 1992-94
Senior Economist, Union Bank of Norway, 1995-96
Chief Economist, Handelsbanken Norway, 1996-2015, Senior Economist 2015-16
Economist, CARN Capital, 2016- (part time)
Research interests: Macroeconomics, Financial Economics, Oil and the Macroeconomy
Special interests: The Chinese Economy, U.S. Economy
Personal web site and blog: www.dismalscience.no
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Portfolio Choice for a Resource-Based Sovereign Wealth Fund: An Analysis of Cash Flows. International Journal of Financial Studies (IJFS). vol. 8 (1).
- (2019) Risk Taking and Fiscal Smoothing with Sovereign Wealth Funds in Advanced Economies. International Journal of Financial Studies (IJFS). vol. 7 (4).
- (2005) Realrenter i en oljeeksporterende økonomi. Norsk økonomisk tidsskrift. vol. 119.
- (1994) Business Cycles and the Oil Market. Energy Journal. vol. 15.
- (1994) Macroeconomic Responses to Oil Price Increases and Decreases in Seven OECD Countries. Energy Journal. vol. 15 (4).
- (1993) Living with Lobbying: A Growth Policy Co-opted by Lobbyists Can Be Better than No Growth Policy at All. The Scandinavian Journal of Economics. vol. 95 (4).
- (1991) Toward Efficiency in the Crude-Oil Market. Journal of applied econometrics. vol. 6.
- (1990) Forecastable money-growth revisions: a closer look at the data. Canadian Journal of Economics. vol. XXIII (3).
- (1989) Oil and the Macroeconomy When Prices go Up and Down: An Extension of Hamilton's Results. Journal of Political Economy. vol. 97 (3).
- (1989) Testing the Life-Cycle Hypothesis With a Norwegian Household Panel. Journal of business & economic statistics. vol. 7 (3).
- (1987) Ain't Behavin': Forecast Errors and Measurement Errors in Early GNP Estimates. Journal of business & economic statistics. vol. 5 (2).
- (1986) Efficient Pricing During Oil Supply Disruptions. Energy Journal. vol. 7 (2).
- (1985) Factor Substitution, Rational Expectations, and the Effects of Commodity Price Shocks on Employment and Investment. Economic Inquiry. vol. XXIII.
- (1985) Flexibility in Intercommodity Substitution May Sharpen Price Fluctuations. Quarterly Journal of Economics.
- (1985) Taxation as a Protection Against the Effects of Price Fluctuations: The Case of Oil. Energy Journal. vol. 6.
- (1984) Will Oil Market Tighten Again? A Survey of Policies to Manage Possible Oil Supply Disruptions. Journal of Policy Modeling. vol. 6 (1).
- (1982) Electricity Demand in Primary Aluminum Smelting. Energy Journal. vol. 3 (3).
- (1980) Energy Prices and the U.S. Economy in 1979-1981. Energy Journal. vol. 1 (2).
- (1980) Energy Prices, Inflation, and Recessions, 1974-1975. Energy Journal. vol. 1 (3).
- (1975) Income Tax Evasion: Some Empirical Evidence. Public Finance/Finances Publiques. vol. XXX (1).