Knut Jørgen Måløy
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Thermal dissipation as both the strength and weakness of matter. A material failure prediction by monitoring creep. Soft Matter. vol. 17 (15).
- (2020) Gravitational and Finite-Size Effects On Pressure Saturation Curves During Drainage. Water Resources Research. vol. 56 (10).
- (2020) Capillary bulldozing of sedimented granular material confined in a millifluidic tube. Physical Review Fluids. vol. 5:034309 (3).
- (2020) Intermittent Dynamics of Slow Drainage Experiments in Porous Media: Characterization Under Different Boundary Conditions. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 7.
- (2020) Thermal weakening of cracks and brittle-ductile transition of matter: A phase model. PHYSICAL REVIEW MATERIALS. vol. 4 (2).
- (2020) How heat controls fracture: the thermodynamics of creeping and avalanching cracks. Soft Matter. vol. 16 (41).
- (2020) Dissolution phase diagram in radial geometry. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 8.
- (2019) Dynamics of the Fluctuating Flying Chain. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 7.
- (2019) Continuously Sheared Granular Matter Reproduces in Detail Seismicity Laws. Physical Review Letters. vol. 122 (21).
- (2019) Connectivity enhancement due to film flow in porous media. Physical Review Fluids. vol. 4 (9).
- (2019) Geometric universality and anomalous diffusion in frictional fingers. New Journal of Physics. vol. 21 (6).
- (2019) Source localization of microseismic emissions during pneumatic fracturing. Geophysical Research Letters. vol. 46 (7).
- (2019) Experimental Observation of Dissolution Finger Growth in Radial Geometry. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 7 (JULY).
- (2018) Avalanches and extreme value statistics in interfacial crackling dynamics. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. vol. 377 (2136).
- (2018) Thermally activated crack fronts propagating in pinning disorder: simultaneous brittle/creep behaviour depending on scale. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. vol. 377 (2136).
- (2018) Pressure evolution and deformation of confined granular media during pneumatic fracturing. Physical review. E. vol. 97 (1).
- (2018) Pattern formation of frictional fingers in a gravitational potential. Physical Review Fluids. vol. 3 (1).
- (2018) Mechanisms of the flying chain fountain. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 6.
- (2018) Particle-covered drops in electric fields: drop deformation and surface particle organization. Soft Matter. vol. 14 (26).
- (2018) Dispersion in fractures with ramified dissolution patterns. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 6.