Knut Jørgen Måløy
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Transition from viscous fingers to compact displacement during unstable drainage in porous media. Physical Review Fluids.
- (2021) Dilation as a precursor in a continuous granular fault. The European Physical Journal Conferences. vol. 249.
- (2021) Burst Dynamics, Upscaling and Dissipation of Slow Drainage in Porous Media. Frontiers in Physics.
- (2021) Magnetic Janssen effect. Nature Communications. vol. 12.
- (2021) Tamming the Janssen effect. The European Physical Journal Conferences. vol. 249.
- (2021) Discharge of a 2D magnetic silo. The European Physical Journal Conferences. vol. 249.
- (2021) Thermal dissipation as both the strength and weakness of matter. A material failure prediction by monitoring creep. Soft Matter. vol. 17 (15).
- (2021) Heat Emitting Damage in Skin: A Thermal Pathway for Mechanical Algesia. Frontiers in Neuroscience. vol. 15.
- (2021) Thermally activated intermittent dynamics of creeping crack fronts along disordered interfaces. Scientific Reports.
- (2020) Gravitational and Finite-Size Effects On Pressure Saturation Curves During Drainage. Water Resources Research. vol. 56 (10).
- (2020) Capillary bulldozing of sedimented granular material confined in a millifluidic tube. Physical Review Fluids. vol. 5:034309 (3).
- (2020) Intermittent Dynamics of Slow Drainage Experiments in Porous Media: Characterization Under Different Boundary Conditions. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 7.
- (2020) Thermal weakening of cracks and brittle-ductile transition of matter: A phase model. PHYSICAL REVIEW MATERIALS. vol. 4 (2).
- (2020) How heat controls fracture: the thermodynamics of creeping and avalanching cracks. Soft Matter. vol. 16 (41).
- (2020) Dissolution phase diagram in radial geometry. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 8.
- (2019) Dynamics of the Fluctuating Flying Chain. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 7.
- (2019) Continuously Sheared Granular Matter Reproduces in Detail Seismicity Laws. Physical Review Letters. vol. 122 (21).
- (2019) Connectivity enhancement due to film flow in porous media. Physical Review Fluids. vol. 4 (9).
- (2019) Geometric universality and anomalous diffusion in frictional fingers. New Journal of Physics. vol. 21 (6).
- (2019) Source localization of microseismic emissions during pneumatic fracturing. Geophysical Research Letters. vol. 46 (7).