Knut Jørgen Måløy
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Continuously Sheared Granular Matter Reproduces in Detail Seismicity Laws. Physical Review Letters. vol. 122 (21).
- (2019) Geometric universality and anomalous diffusion in frictional fingers. New Journal of Physics. vol. 21.
- (2019) Source Localization of Microseismic Emissions During Pneumatic Fracturing. Geophysical Research Letters. vol. 46 (7).
- (2019) Experimental Observation of Dissolution Finger Growth in Radial Geometry. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 7 (JULY).
- (2018) Thermally activated crack fronts propagating in pinning disorder: simultaneous brittle/creep behaviour depending on scale. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. vol. 377 (2136).
- (2018) Pressure evolution and deformation of confined granular media during pneumatic fracturing. Physical review. E. vol. 97 (1).
- (2018) Pattern formation of frictional fingers in a gravitational potential. Physical Review Fluids. vol. 3 (1).
- (2018) Mechanisms of the flying chain fountain. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 6.
- (2018) Particle-covered drops in electric fields: drop deformation and surface particle organization. Soft Matter. vol. 14 (26).
- (2018) Avalanches and extreme value statistics in interfacial crackling dynamics. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. vol. 377 (2136).
- (2018) Dispersion in fractures with ramified dissolution patterns. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 6.
- (2017) Self-Structuring of Granular material under Capillary Bulldozing. The European Physical Journal Conferences. vol. 140.
- (2017) Pneumatic fractures in confined granular media. Physical review. E. vol. 95 (6).
- (2017) Size segregation of intruders in perpetual granular avalanches. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 825.
- (2017) Verification of a Dynamic Scaling for the Pair Correlation Function during the Slow Drainage of a Porous Medium. Physical Review Letters. vol. 119 (15).
- (2017) Critical behavior in porous media flow. Europhysics letters. vol. 118 (1).
- (2016) Frictional Fluid Dynamics and Plug Formation in Multiphase Millifluidic Flow. Physical Review Letters. vol. 117 (2).
- (2016) Interevent Correlations from Avalanches Hiding below the Detection Threshold. Physical Review Letters. vol. 117 (23).
- (2016) A granular experiment approach to earthquakes. Revista Cubana de Física. vol. 33 (1).
- (2016) How cracks are hot and cool: A burning issue for paper. Soft Matter. vol. 12 (25).