Background and activities
Associate Professor in social studies education. Ph.D.dissertation: "The roles of human rights education in Norway. A qualitative study of purposes and approaches in policy and in upper secondary schools”
Research and fields of interest
- Social studies- and history education
- Human rights and human rights education (HRE)
- Genocide: agents, mechanisms and conditions
- Political theory, international politics and humanitarian intervention
- History and politics of Bosnia-Hercegovina, Serbia and Croatia
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
Part of book/report
- (2016) Human Rights Education Through the Lens of Violation: Developing Critical, Active Citizenship or Constructing National Identity?. Crossing Borders. Combining Human Rights Education and History Education.
- (2011) "Fange nr. 424: Josef Grabowski." Historieformidling- fra teori til praksis. Fortiden i nåtiden. Nye veier i formidlingen av andre verdenskrigs historie.
- (2007) Conclusion: Building Liberal Democracy in Croatia. Democratic Transition in Croatia: Value-transformation, Education, and Media.
- (2016) The roles of human rights education in Norway. A qualitative study of purposes and approaches in policy and in upper secondary schools. 2016. ISBN 978-82-326-1620-6.