Lars Gunnar Johnsen
Background and activities
Associate Professor INB, NTNU
Practicing orthopaedic surgeon
Univ. hospital St Olav
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Orthogeriatrics prevents functional decline in hip fracture patients: report from two randomized controlled trials. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 21 (208).
- (2021) Evaluation of the EQ-5D-3L and 5L versions in low back pain patients. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. vol. 19:155.
- (2021) Health care services and costs after hip fracture, comparing conventional versus standardised care: A retrospective study with 12-month follow-up. Injury.
- (2021) High volumes of recent surgical admissions, time to surgery, and 60-day mortality. The Bone & Joint Journal. vol. 103-B (2).
- (2020) Hospitals' Discharge Tendency and Risk of Death - An Analysis of 60,000 Norwegian Hip Fracture Patients. Clinical Epidemiology. vol. 12.
- (2019) A prospective randomized trial of 100 patients using trochanteric support plates; worth their mettle?. Injury. vol. 50 (3).
- (2018) Time of admission and mortality after hip fracture – a detailed look at the weekend effect in a nationwide study of 55 211 hip fracture patients in Norway. Acta Orthopaedica. vol. 89.
- (2017) Legemiddelepikrise fra farmasøyt - følges den opp av fastlege?. Norsk Farmaceutisk Tidsskrift. vol. 125 (10).
- (2017) Total disc replacement versus multidisciplinary rehabilitation in patients with chronic low back pain and degenerative discs: 8-year follow-up of a randomized controlled multicenter trial. The spine journal. vol. 17 (10).
- (2017) Mortality and readmission following hip fracture surgery: A retrospective study comparing conventional and fast-track care. BMJ Open. vol. 7.
- (2016) Medication reconciliation of patients with hip fracture by clinical pharmacists. European Journal of Hospital Pharmacy (EJHP). vol. 23 (3).
- (2016) The Norwegian Cervical Arthroplasty Trial (NORCAT): 2-year clinical outcome after single-level cervical arthroplasty versus fusion—a prospective, single-blinded, randomized, controlled multicenter study. European spine journal.
- (2016) Heterotopic ossification and clinical outcome in nonconstrained cervical arthroplasty 2 years after surgery: the Norwegian Cervical Arthroplasty Trial (NORCAT). European spine journal. vol. 25 (7).
- (2015) Comparing Cost-effectiveness of X-Stop with Minimally Invasive Decompression in Lumbar Spinal Stenosis: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Spine. vol. 40 (8).
- (2015) Minimally invasive decompression versus x-stop in lumbar spinal stenosis: A randomized controlled multicenter study. Spine. vol. 40 (2).
- (2015) Comprehensive geriatric care for patients with hip fractures: a prospective, randomised, controlled trial. The Lancet. vol. 385 (9978).
- (2015) The Neck Disability Index (NDI) and its correlation with quality of life and mental health measures among patients with single-level cervical disc disease scheduled for surgery. Acta Neurochirurgica. vol. 157 (10).
- (2015) Long-term outcome and quality of life after craniectomy in speech-dominant swollen middle cerebral artery infarction. Neurocritical Care. vol. 22 (1).
- (2014) Cost-effectiveness of total disc replacement versus multidisciplinary rehabilitation in patients with chronic low back pain: A norwegian multicenter RCT. Spine. vol. 39 (1).
- (2014) MRI evaluation of lumbar spinal stenosis: Is a rapid visual assessment as good as area measurement?. European spine journal. vol. 23 (6).