Background and activities
I'm involved in research on the global biodiversity and distribution of bryophytes, especially on liverworts. This is done in cooperation with a large number of bryologists worldwide.
I'm teaching courses in ecology and biodiversity and conservation.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) An annotated checklist of bryophytes of Europe, Macaronesia and Cyprus. Journal of Bryology. vol. 42 (1).
- (2020) The Angkor Wat Kingdom – liverworts from Cambodia. Nova Hedwigia, Beiheft. vol. 150.
- (2020) Vegetation response to climate warming across the forest–tundra ecotone: species-dependent upward movement. Journal of Vegetation Science (JVS). vol. 31.
- (2020) Jiří Váňa as a friend and colleague – his scientific legacy and impact on bryologists and bryophyte taxonomy. Nova Hedwigia, Beiheft. vol. 150.
- (2020) In memorian: Jiří Váňa. Nova Hedwigia, Beiheft. vol. 150.
- (2020) Listing the unknown – checklist of liverworts and hornworts of Laos. Bryophyte Diversity and Evolution. vol. 42 (1).
- (2020) Early Land Plants Today. Index of liverwort and hornwort names published 2017-2018. Phytotaxa. vol. 440 (1).
- (2020) Publications of Jiří Váňa. Nova Hedwigia, Beiheft. vol. 150.
- (2019) Spatiotemporal variation in the relationship between boreal forest productivity proxies and climate data. Dendrochronologia. vol. 58.
- (2018) Carl — the accidental nomenclaturalist. Bryophyte Diversity and Evolution. vol. 40 (2).
- (2018) Non-stationary Response of Tree Growth to Climate Trends Along the Arctic Margin. Ecosystems.
- (2018) ELPT: Early Land Plants Today (version Jan 2018). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life.
- (2018) Early Land Plants Today: Index of Liverworts & Hornworts 2015–2016. Phytotaxa. vol. 350 (2).
- (2017) ELPT: Early Land Plants Today (version Jan 2017). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life.
- (2017) Are epiphytic bryophyte communities characterized by changes along an elevational gradient?—A preliminary study on eastern Viti Levu, Fiji Islands. Bryophyte Diversity and Evolution. vol. 39 (1).
- (2016) Proposals to amend the code (391–396) Proposals to amend the provisions of the Code on selection of types of generic names using a largely mechanical method. Taxon. vol. 65 (6).
- (2016) Report of the special committee on publications using a largely mechanical method of selection of types (Art. 10.5(b)) (especially under the American Code). Taxon. vol. 65 (6).
- (2016) Proposals to suppress works (23–24) Proposals to add Stephani in Hedwigia 27: 276–302. 1888, and Stephani in Hedwigia 29: 1–23, 68–99, 133–142. 1890, to the list of suppressed works for new generic names in Appendix VI. Taxon. vol. 65 (5).
- (2016) Early land plants today: Index of liverworts & hornworts 2013–2014. Phytotaxa. vol. 269 (3).
- (2016) World checklist of hornworts and liverworts. PhytoKeys. vol. 59 (1).