Background and activities
I'm involved in research on the global biodiversity and distribution of bryophytes, especially on liverworts. This is done in cooperation with a large number of bryologists worldwide.
I'm teaching courses in ecology and biodiversity and conservation.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Checklist of the Liverworts and Hornworts of French Polynesia. Cryptogamie. Bryologie. vol. 42 (6).
- (2021) Macroclimatic structuring of spatial phylogenetic turnover in liverworts. Ecography. vol. 43 (10).
- (2021) An archipelago within an archipelago: A checklist of liverworts and hornworts of Kepulauan Sunda Kecil (Lesser Sunda Islands), Indonesia and Timor-Leste (East Timor). PhytoKeys. vol. 180.
- (2021) Land of retreating glaciers – checklist of liverworts on Svalbard. Arctoa: A Journal of Briology. vol. 30.
- (2020) An annotated checklist of bryophytes of Europe, Macaronesia and Cyprus. Journal of Bryology. vol. 42 (1).
- (2020) The Angkor Wat Kingdom – liverworts from Cambodia. Nova Hedwigia, Beiheft. vol. 150.
- (2020) Vegetation response to climate warming across the forest–tundra ecotone: species-dependent upward movement. Journal of Vegetation Science (JVS). vol. 31.
- (2020) Jiří Váňa as a friend and colleague – his scientific legacy and impact on bryologists and bryophyte taxonomy. Nova Hedwigia, Beiheft. vol. 150.
- (2020) In memorian: Jiří Váňa. Nova Hedwigia, Beiheft. vol. 150.
- (2020) Listing the unknown – checklist of liverworts and hornworts of Laos. Bryophyte Diversity and Evolution. vol. 42 (1).
- (2020) Early Land Plants Today. Index of liverwort and hornwort names published 2017-2018. Phytotaxa. vol. 440 (1).
- (2020) Publications of Jiří Váňa. Nova Hedwigia, Beiheft. vol. 150.
- (2019) Spatiotemporal variation in the relationship between boreal forest productivity proxies and climate data. Dendrochronologia. vol. 58.
- (2018) Carl — the accidental nomenclaturalist. Bryophyte Diversity and Evolution. vol. 40 (2).
- (2018) Non-stationary Response of Tree Growth to Climate Trends Along the Arctic Margin. Ecosystems.
- (2018) ELPT: Early Land Plants Today (version Jan 2018). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life.
- (2018) Early Land Plants Today: Index of Liverworts & Hornworts 2015–2016. Phytotaxa. vol. 350 (2).
- (2017) ELPT: Early Land Plants Today (version Jan 2017). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life.
- (2017) Are epiphytic bryophyte communities characterized by changes along an elevational gradient?—A preliminary study on eastern Viti Levu, Fiji Islands. Bryophyte Diversity and Evolution. vol. 39 (1).
- (2016) Proposals to amend the code (391–396) Proposals to amend the provisions of the Code on selection of types of generic names using a largely mechanical method. Taxon. vol. 65 (6).