Background and activities
My research interests is targeted towards medical ultrasound imaging, a method where echoes from high-frequency sound waves emitted into the body can be used to make images and measure properties of tissue and blood flow. Ultrasound imaging technology has had a remarkable development in recent years, providing a basis for clearer images that can be used to obtain a more certain medical diagnosis in the future healthcare.
Follow this link to read more about one of my on-going research projects where we are developing and evaluating 3D ultrasound imaging of blood flow in the hearts of children and adults: http://blog.medisin.ntnu.no/3d-ultralydbilder-av-blodstrom-kan-gi-bedre-forstaelse-av-hjertesykdom/
- RAT3901 - Thesis in Medical Imaging Technologies
- MEDT4160 - Medical Imaging Systems
- RAT3002 - Image Processing and Automated Classification
- RAT3001 - Introduction to Medical Imaging Technology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Intraventricular Vector Flow Imaging with Blood Speckle Tracking in Adults: Feasibility, Normal Physiology and Mechanisms in Healthy Volunteers. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. vol. 47 (12).
- (2021) Bicuspid aortic valve flow dynamics using blood speckle tracking in children. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 22.
- (2021) Right Ventricular Flow Dynamics in Dilated Right Ventricles: Energy Loss Estimation Based on Blood Speckle Tracking Echocardiography-A Pilot Study in Children. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. vol. 47 (6).
- (2021) Artificial Intelligence for Automatic Measurement of Left Ventricular Strain in Echocardiography. JACC Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 14 (10).
- (2021) Annotation Web - An open-source web-based annotation tool for ultrasound images. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
- (2021) Real-time temporal coherent left ventricle segmentation using convolutional LSTMs. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
- (2021) Real-time 3D left ventricle segmentation and ejection fraction using deep learning. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
- (2021) Assessment of Regional Early Diastolic Intraventricular Pressure Gradients by Blood Speckle Tracking in Children. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 34 (6).
- (2021) Better Automatic Interpretation of Cement Evaluation Logs through Feature Engineering. SPE Journal. vol. 26 (5).
- (2021) Myocardial Function Imaging in Echocardiography Using Deep Learning. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. vol. 40 (5).
- (2020) Intraventricular Pressure Gradients - Vector Flow Imaging versus Color M-Mode. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
- (2020) Retrospective Transmit beamforming and Coherent Plane-Wave Compounding for Microvascular Doppler Imaging: A Comparison Study. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control.
- (2020) LU-Net: A Multistage Attention Network to Improve the Robustness of Segmentation of Left Ventricular Structures in 2-D Echocardiography. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control. vol. 67 (12).
- (2020) Children with Pulmonary Hypertension Have Abnormal Flow patterns in the Main Pulmonary Artery as Shown By High Frame Rate Ultrasound Imaging. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 33 (3).
- (2020) Blood Speckle-Tracking Based on High–Frame Rate Ultrasound Imaging in Pediatric Cardiology. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 33 (4).
- (2020) Translation of Simultaneous Vessel Wall Motion and Vectorial Blood Flow Imaging in Healthy and Diseased Carotids to the Clinic: A pilot study. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control.
- (2020) High-Frame-Rate Color Doppler Echocardiography: A Quantitative Comparison of Different Approaches. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control. vol. 67 (5).
- (2020) 3D Myocardial Mechanical Wave Measurements: Toward In Vivo 3D Myocardial Elasticity Mapping. JACC Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 14 (8).
- (2020) Detection of Tissue Fibrosis using Natural Mechanical Wave Velocity Estimation: Feasibility Study. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. vol. 46 (9).
- (2020) Proposed Requirements for Cardiovascular Imaging-Related Machine Learning Evaluation (PRIME): A Checklist: Reviewed by the American College of Cardiology Healthcare Innovation Council. JACC Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 13 (9).