Leif Martin Hokstad
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Transark - Emerging Pedagogies in Architecture Education. Community Design. vol. 079 (03).
- (2015) Creating safe and effective learning environment for emergency management training using virtual reality. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 23 (1).
- (2007) Using mobile phones to prepare for university lectures: student's experiences. The Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology - TOJET. vol. 6 (4).
- (2014) TRANSark Publication - Book 0. 2014. ISBN 978-82-7551-106-3.
- (2011) Perceptions of quality in higher education, rankings and benchmarking: Proceedings of Uniqual 2009. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2011. ISBN 9788251927147.
- (2007) Mobile Ubiquitous Computing, Systems, Services and Technologies, 2007. UBICOMM '07. International Conference on, proceedings. IEEE. 2007. ISBN 978-0-7695-2993-6.
Part of book/report
- (2020) ‘… ’Cause Soon Now, It Will Be Real …’. Threshold Concepts on the Edge.
- (2018) The Challenging Journey-Transformative Learning in Architectural Education. Formation - Architectural Education in a Nordic Perspective.
- (2018) PBL Revisited - Expectations og Experiences: A Threshold Concept Perspective on the Facilitator Role in PBL. Threshold Concepts in Problem-based Learning.
- (2016) Stuck at the threshold - which strategies do students choose when facing liminality within certain disciplines at a business school?. Threshold Concepts in Practice.
- (2016) Transformative Learning in Architectural Education: Re-Thinking Architecture and the Education of Architecture. Threshold Concepts in Practice.
- (2014) Repositories of Community Memory as Visualized Activities in 3D Virtual Worlds. Proceedings of the 47th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- (2013) Collaborative Virtual Environments for Reflective Community Building at Work: the Case of TARGET. Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning at the Workplace.
- (2013) Teaching Threshold Concepts in Virtual Reality: Exploring the Conceptual Requirements for Systems Design. NOKOBIT 2013 : Universitetet i Stavanger 18. - 20. november 2013 : Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi.
- (2013) Creating a Repository of Community Memory in a 3D Virtual World: Experiences and Challenges. Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries: International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries, TPDL 2013, Valetta, Malta, September 2013, Proceedings.
- (2011) Introduction: an International perspective to quality om higher education. Perceptions of quality in higher education, rankings and benchmarking: Proceedings of Uniqual 2009.
- (2011) Exploring Design Methods for Mobile Learning. MobileHCI '11 – Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Human Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services.
- (2010) Analyzing and Monitoring Learning Communities in a Serious Games Context. The Second International Conference on Mobile, Hybrid, and On-Line Learning eL&mL 2010.
- (2009) Supporting Learning Communities through a Lifecycle in a Serious Games Context: Requirements for Social Tools. Computers and Advanced Technology in Education (CATE 2009), proceedings of.
- (2007) Enhancing learners through mobile access. Interactive Computer Aided Blended Learning.