Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Comparative Proteomic Analysis Reveals Varying Impact on Immune Responses in Phorbol 12-Myristate-13-Acetate-Mediated THP-1 Monocyte-to-Macrophage Differentiation. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 12.
- (2020) TLR8 and complement C5 induce cytokine release and thrombin activation in human whole blood challenged with Gram-positive bacteria. Journal of Leukocyte Biology. vol. 107 (4).
- (2020) Sensing of HIV-1 by TLR8 activates human T cells and reverses latency. Nature Communications. vol. 11:147.
- (2020) Cholesterol crystals use complement to increase NLRP3 signaling pathways in coronary and carotid atherosclerosis. EBioMedicine. vol. 60:102985.
- (2020) Antibiotic treatment routes Mycobacterium avium to phagolysosomes without triggering proinflammatory cytokine production in human Mϕs. Journal of Leukocyte Biology.
- (2019) P1511 - Sensing of HIV-1 nucleic acids by TLR8 in human CD4+ T cells. European Journal of Immunology. vol. 43.
- (2019) Serum cytokine patterns in first half of pregnancy. Cytokine. vol. 119.
- (2018) Interleukin-6 receptor inhibition with tocilizumab induces a selective and substantial increase in plasma IP-10 and MIP-1β in non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 271.
- (2018) RORα controls inflammatory state of human macrophages. PLOS ONE. vol. 13 (11).
- (2018) SLA MF1 is required for TLR4-mediated TRAM-TRIF- dependent signaling in human macrophages. Journal of Cell Biology. vol. 217 (4).
- (2017) Cyclodextrin Reduces Cholesterol Crystal-Induced Inflammation by Modulating Complement Activation. Journal of Immunology. vol. 199 (8).
- (2017) Persistent mycobacteria evade an antibacterial program mediated by phagolysosomal TLR7/8/MyD88 in human primary macrophages. PLoS Pathogens. vol. 13 (8).
- (2017) Alginate microbeads are coagulation compatible, while alginate microcapsules activate coagulation secondary to complement or directly through FXII. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 58.
- (2017) In Vitro and In Vivo Biocompatibility Evaluation of Polyallylamine and Macromolecular Heparin Conjugates Modified Alginate Microbeads. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (11695).
- (2016) Combined inhibition of complement and CD14 attenuates bacteria-induced inflammation in human whole blood more efficiently than antagonizing the toll-like receptor 4-MD2 complex. Journal of Infectious Diseases. vol. 214 (1).
- (2016) Cytokine profiles in human metapneumovirus infected children: Identification of genes involved in the antiviral response and pathogenesis. PLOS ONE. vol. 11:e0155484 (5).
- (2015) TLR8 senses Staphylococcus aureus RNA in human primary monocytes and macrophages and induces IFN-β production via a TAK1-IKKβ-IRF5 signaling pathway. Journal of Immunology. vol. 195 (3).
- (2015) Reconstituted high-density lipoprotein attenuates cholesterol crystal-induced inflammatory responses by reducing complement activation. Journal of Immunology. vol. 195 (1).
- (2014) Circulating immune mediators are closely linked in adult-onset type 1 diabetes as well as in non-diabetic subjects. Autoimmunity. vol. 47 (8).
- (2014) Cholesterol crystals induce complement-dependent inflammasome activation and cytokine release. Journal of Immunology. vol. 192 (6).