Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Cyclodextrin Reduces Cholesterol Crystal-Induced Inflammation by Modulating Complement Activation. Journal of Immunology. vol. 199 (8).
- (2017) Persistent mycobacteria evade an antibacterial program mediated by phagolysosomal TLR7/8/MyD88 in human primary macrophages. PLoS Pathogens.
- (2017) Alginate microbeads are coagulation compatible, while alginate microcapsules activate coagulation secondary to complement or directly through FXII. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 58.
- (2017) In Vitro and In Vivo Biocompatibility Evaluation of Polyallylamine and Macromolecular Heparin Conjugates Modified Alginate Microbeads. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (11695).
- (2016) Combined inhibition of complement and CD14 attenuates bacteria-induced inflammation in human whole blood more efficiently than antagonizing the toll-like receptor 4-MD2 complex. Journal of Infectious Diseases. vol. 214 (1).
- (2016) Cytokine profiles in human metapneumovirus infected children: Identification of genes involved in the antiviral response and pathogenesis. PLoS ONE. vol. 11:e0155484 (5).
- (2015) TLR8 senses Staphylococcus aureus RNA in human primary monocytes and macrophages and induces IFN-β production via a TAK1-IKKβ-IRF5 signaling pathway. Journal of Immunology. vol. 195 (3).
- (2015) Reconstituted high-density lipoprotein attenuates cholesterol crystal-induced inflammatory responses by reducing complement activation. Journal of Immunology. vol. 195 (1).
- (2014) Circulating immune mediators are closely linked in adult-onset type 1 diabetes as well as in non-diabetic subjects. Autoimmunity. vol. 47 (8).
- (2014) Cholesterol crystals induce complement-dependent inflammasome activation and cytokine release. Journal of Immunology. vol. 192 (6).
- (2014) Functional Toll-like receptors in primary first-trimester trophoblasts. Journal of Reproductive Immunology. vol. 106.
- (2013) Cholesterol crystals activate the complement system and are phagocytosed in a complement-dependent manner. Molecular Immunology. vol. 56 (3).
- (2013) The induction of cytokines by polycation containing microspheres by a complement dependent mechanism. Biomaterials. vol. 34 (3).
- (2013) Cholesterol crystals induce inflammasome activation and cytolcine release in a complement-dependent manner. Molecular Immunology. vol. 56 (3).
- (2013) Activation of endosomal Toll-like receptors in first trimester trophoblasts. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 3 (81).
- (2013) Cell surface Toll-like receptors in primary trophoblasts from first trimester placentas. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 3 (81).
- (2013) Functional Toll-like receptors in primary first trimester trophoblasts. Placenta. vol. 34 (9).
- (2012) Complement dependency of cholesterol crystal-induced inflammation - I. Pathway activation mechanisms, cytokine responses and endothelial cell activation. Immunobiology. vol. 217 (11).
- (2012) Complement dependency of cholesterol crystal-induced inflammation - II. Inflammasome activation and regulation mechanisms involving reconstituted high density lipoprotein (HDL) and C-reactive protein (CRP). Immunobiology. vol. 217 (11).
- (2012) Poly-cation containing alginate microcapsules induce cytokines by a complement-dependent mechanism. Immunobiology. vol. 217 (11).